1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Freezes when going to sleep after updating fw to 003

Discussion in 'NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 9 firmware (20141018)' started by dusank, Mar 14, 2015.

1. dusank

dusank New Member

Hello,

after updating to the latest beta firmware (beta 9-2) the device does no longer wake up from sleep mode.

I make it sleep with a single press of the power button on the remote, but when I then try to wake the device up with the remote or the power button on the unit nothing happens - the device seems frozen.

I have to unplug/replug the power cable, then turn it on with the power button on the device, before I can use it again.

This problem emerged immediately after a firmware update, with the originally supplied firmware sleeping worked just fine.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

When can we expect a stable fw version to become available through OTA at last?

=Dusan
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

3. dusank

dusank New Member

Thanks for the advice Higgs, I have somehow overlooked the newer fw versions.

I have successfully updated my device to 002a via a USB stick as described here:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/official-002a-firmware.2413/

and updated it then further to 003 and beyond via FOTA.

All updates worked like a breeze and I would be pretty happy with the device now, but unfortunately the sleep freezing bug still persists only with a slight improvement:

I can wake up the device unless it has been sleeping longer than cca. 40 seconds. Beyond this threshold it freezes and can be restarted only through unplugging/replugging power and pressing the power on button of the device.

I could not find any settings that might improve the situation, should I simply RMA the device? It does not seem to be a problem with the firmware version, but rather a hardware bug ...

=Dusan
  4. Higgs

Can you put the box to sleep and wake up using the power button on the box?
  5. dusank

dusank New Member

The remote works fine, I've even replaced the batteries to make sure it is not power related.

The behavior is exactly the same whether the power button on the box or the power button on the remote is used. After some time, which seems to currently be somewhere around 40 seconds, the box freezes and can not be woken up regardless of whether the remote power button or the box power button is used.

=Dusan
  6. Higgs

Just a thought, are you using Hebrew language on the box? Can you try switching the language to english and try, then try switching it back and try again.
    I seem to recall something like this happening before with the Hebrew language setting, but I can't find the previous posts just now.
  7. dusank

dusank New Member

No, I am using the default - i.e. English - language.

=Dusan
  8. dusank

dusank New Member

9. dusank

dusank New Member

Can you please evaluate the probability that the next firmware version might alleviate the freezing issue so that I might avoid unnecessary RMA cost on both sides if possible, yet otherwise not needlessly further delay the repair/replacement if it turns out to be rather a hardware failure?

=Dusan
  10. dusank

dusank New Member

11. dusank

dusank New Member