1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Fundamental differences between Android & Windows OS

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by MINIX - Ken, Jan 30, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Android 4.4.4 - support multi-channel audio passthrough, MINIX did it, within XBMC.
    Windows 8.1 - multi-channel is supported within XBMC/Kodi as reported by users/reviewers. (Edited: 7th March 2015)

Android 4.4.4 - Infra red remote is supported and bundled.
    Windows 8.1 - Infra red is not supported, keyboard & mouse are required to operate.
  2. icy20

icy20 Member

Hm, could it be that if one uses VGA driver from i3 lets say the passthrough works? The same was said about Intel NUC Celeron (that it didn't support multi channel passthrough) but we used i3 driver and then it could, but with occasional glitches.
  3. Georgie

Georgie New Member

Question, and don't get me wrong I love the device, so I have both now (no compromise! ;) ) the Android and the Windows version... but, could it be that the chipset and BIOS settings better functions with Windows because it's an Intel?
  4. Georgie

Georgie New Member

Interesting also on the Z64w part, this topic. I found this also interesting (for the newbies like me): an article ARM vs X86 – Key differences explained! (Google it, I am not allowed to post links yet)
  5. tammikm

tammikm New Member

they might as well kept the remote included with the android unit as its useless, does not respond well at all.