1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

FW update on rooted NEO-U1

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Official Firmware Releases' started by JLang11, Feb 5, 2017.

1. JLang11

JLang11 New Member

Hello, new to the forum and android boxes, but pretty familiar with android in general. Question is, is there a way to upgrade the firmware if you are rooted? I know with some of the popular phones, devs will make a file to flash and update the fw...

Thanks in advance!

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  3. JLang11

JLang11 New Member

Awesome. Thank you for pointing me in a direction. I will check that out!!

4. RikD

RikD Member

What worked for me is install SuperSU and from inside that app temporarily disable root. Then you should be able to check for updates. Afterwards you can use SuperSU to enable root again.

5. JLang11

JLang11 New Member

I disabled root in SuperSU, rebooted, turned on wifi, but when I go to the "System Update" app and click check for updates, I get the "network connection failed" error, which has been the same all along. Wouldn't worry too much about it except I'm on the Jan 2016 fw. I'd have to flash the fw and lose all my settings and stuff.

6. RikD

RikD Member

I don't recall what FW I was on. I never got any connection error though, the system update app simply gave an error that it wouldn't update rooted devices. I also didn't need to reboot after disabling root, but I don't think it matters either way. Just to be sure, you can browse websites using Chrome on your U1?