1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

FAQ Game controller

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Guides & FAQs' started by rodstudio, Jan 28, 2016.

1. RetrogamerX

RetrogamerX Member

Yes I'm using the Minix U1 not x8 plus. I would assume it would work fine with both RF on either nachine.
  2. Trankmast

Trankmast New Member

Thanks for the advice. I went and got a G01 and yes it works fine with both the A2 lite remote.
    RetrogamerX likes this.
  3. ive brought the Tronsmart Mars G01 Wireless Game Controller Gamepad and it best one ive tried
    RetrogamerX likes this.
  4. RaDaR

RaDaR New Member

I'm using a wired xbox 360 controller, works perfectly even controls the minix UI
    richard lee cooper likes this.
  5. toga

toga New Member

WotBlitz to referenced gamepad?
  6. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

7. RetrogamerX

RetrogamerX Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 8bitdo NES30 pro controller works amazing on the MiniX U1.

[​IMG]
    Alan F, DutchDiversion and skynet like this.
  8. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Thanks for reporting retro ;)
  9. cvigti

cvigti New Member

My minix neo u1 does not connect to the ps4 controller. Is it even possible? Do I have to download some app to make it work? I press share + ps button until white light blinks, then click pair on the "wireless controller" in the bluetooth tab in minix, nothing happens. It just tries to pair indefinitelly and the light on the controller goes out and nothing pairs.
  10. Racer X

Racer X New Member

I have the same issue. The PS4 controller works fine using when connected via USB but fails to pair via bluetooth.

According to this post, the development team @ MINIX can't find the required drivers for the Dualshock 4:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u1-firmware-requests-wishes.11215/page-6#post-99311

It pairs fine with all other Android devices I've tested.
  11. DutchDiversion

DutchDiversion Active Member

Still hoping for ps4 controller support comming anytime soon without having to root my Minix. Only thing missing to make the box 100% perfect
  12. DutchDiversion

RetrogamerX,

Looks good! How is the build quality and how does it feel in your hands when playing?
  13. von

von Member

How about PS3 controller support?
  14. DutchDiversion

It is supported by usb cable but for bluetooth to work with the controller, you will need to root your U1 and use the sixaxis pair tool.
  15. Alan F

Alan F New Member

Hi Retrogamer,

Do you know how to map gamepad input as keyboard inputs, see this video for an example at about 1:16 -

As you can see in the video at about 1:16 he is defining gamepad keys in Mame4droid and when he presses UP on the dpad it is registering as keyboard input C instead of dpad_up. This is the only way I can see to play 2 player on mame4droid but I don't know how to remap gamepad inputs as keyboard input. Would you know how this is done?
  16. von

von Member

No it doesn't work via USB cable on an unrooted device...
  17. N3DRO

N3DRO New Member

Thinking of getting a Ipega 9028. So far, I have read good things about this controller with android boxes. I'll let you guys know how it works out for me.
  18. Marco Conti

Marco Conti New Member

I've just bought a Neo U1 and tried to buy the G910 recommended game controller but whenever I found it was out of stock (maybe too old). The only one similar (name is the same G910 but from picture not exactly the same) is avaialble on eBay from Ipega:

can you kindly confirm that it's fully compatible as well or recommend another game controller for the Minix Neo U1 (or where I can buy the right G910!) ?

thanks,
    Marco
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2016
  19. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

20. Marco Conti

Marco Conti New Member

Thanks for you prompt answer, but my question was not really related to Ipega, but: since Minix previously suggested on this thread the G910 as the only recommended game controlled in terms of compatibility with my Neo U1 and G910 is apparently not available anymore on the market, what's a game controller that I can buy (whatever brand and possibily cheap) to have the best compatibility with my new Minix Neo U1 ? thanks!