1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Game emulators?

Discussion in 'Android Emulators' started by Haunter, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Haunter

Haunter New Member

All my search results on this topic end up being either *extremely* technical "tutorials" or open-ended threads...

I installed an add-on called 'Rom Collection Browser' but I'm not really sure what it does. It offered me a menu of gaming platforms so I selected Nintendo 64 but nothing really happened. :/

Some further searching has led me to a wiki article about it but as mentioned earlier, it's technical beyond my comprehension! (I'd post the link but the forum doesn't allow me to include links.)

Is there really no simple way of just installing an add-on containing some old games and hooking up my PS3 controller?
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Thread moved to games section.
    Do you have Nintendo 64 Roms to play on an emulator? You can download plenty of emulator apps from playstore.
  3. triplesilk

triplesilk New Member

This probably won't help, but I got a BBC Micro emulator a while back (just from the Play Store) and the games looked just like they used to on the old BBC Micro. The problem was that there was no way I could see to control via a games controller, you just had soft buttons on the screen. There may be a way around this but it wasn't obvious to me.
  4. Haunter

Haunter New Member

I don't have any roms, no. I only have that add-on (I guess I sorta put the cart before the horse by getting that first :p).

If Play Store apps are the way forward then so be it. Only, every time I resort to regular apps, I kinda feel like I've wasted my money on this all singing and dancing Minix unit. :unsure:
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

That's one of the big advantages of the Minix box. You're not just restricted to one app like Kodi or whichever apps have been preinstalled. You can install any app you want. As you say its 'all singing and dancing', not just restricted to a single function.
  6. geek_slayer

geek_slayer New Member

Download the retroarch app from the play store

and jump on a torrent site to get all the roms you want
    I'm sure you can figure it out