1. Official MINIX forum

Game Stream | Take Your Minix Z64 W Gaming To the Next Level

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by robertojorge, Oct 5, 2015.

1. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hey Guys,

After a few weeks of testing here are my results :) and they are awesome as you may have the chance to see on video :)

Want to play your desktop games on your living room?? :) Then just check it out!!
    Hope that you guys enjoy the results and that all of you that already have the Z64 Android give it a try and leave your feedback / questions here!!!

Note: Please post only questions here regarding the Minix Z64 Windows as i will open a thread for Android users on the Android Section - Link here

Enjoy!!!
    All the best
    RJ
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. alt126

alt126 New Member

Hi,

I have just a quick question for you.

Do you know about any application to stream games between 2 windows 10 pcs? But to stream any game, not just steam ones... Or any application... Like Chromecast with android...

Thanks
  3. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi if there is any im not aware of it. You may use steam and associate non steam games to it. But a non steam way humm cant help. Sorry. RJ
  4. alt126

alt126 New Member

Thanks Roberto... I have been searching for a similar application to use miracast to mirror one pc into minix.

My idea is to run games or application in one pc or mobile and mirror the screen to the minix (connected to my tv) so I can play on a larger screen.

I have seen lots of apps as airserver which works fine to mirror iPhone but not so great for Windows 10.

Teamviewer... Heavy and with lag.

Some of them only works on WiFi and I have my minix connected with an ethernet cable...

Is there no application to do what I want??

Thanks
    robertojorge likes this.
  5. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi, from Windows to Android we can use Splashtop (great results) and also Airpin Pro but from Windows to Windows humm not aware, there is the Team Viewr and probably similar ones but as you already tried it and found lag im not sure if you will get any decent one. Im not aware of none for that purpose that can work nicely.
  6. alt126

alt126 New Member

Thanks Roberto... I guess teamviewer is more to control remotely... And what I want is just to mirror a screen, send the display to a different device... I have tried nvidia app but is more to connect to shield tablet? Tried steam but only works for steam games... I tried pro evolution 6, Rome total war, name emulator, psx emulator and none of them worked...
  7. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Np, i also searched a bit (not as much as you on this topic) but for windows to windows i dont see anything that could acomplish that!!

But from Windows to Android Box there are a few including spalshtop.
    Now may i suggest something that could be useful, there is a thread on how to dual boot the Minix Z64W with Android Aswell, maybe that would be the way that i would follow if i were in your place. You will still have Windows and when need Android to stream from your PC then you can also :) Also it might be a bit tricky to get it and im no expert at all in that area, but if you follow the steps i believe that you can have all that you want with your box

Check out the @Linuxium thread here http://www.minixforum.com/threads/dual-booting-android-and-windows-on-minix-z64w.5619/ he is the man on dual booting area, Android, Windows, Unbuntu etc

Hope it helps
    RJ