1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

H265 video is freezing

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 010 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by VinLadG, Dec 26, 2016.

1. VinLadG

VinLadG New Member

Hi,
    I'm on latest firmware version, not rooted.

I have a few video files encoded in H265 format. Once I start playing them in Kodi, after a few moments the video freezes and sound continues as usual. File is located on my NAS and accessed using 1Gb link.

I've opened the file in VLC and attaching the codec screenshot.

The issue did not start with this FW version; I was a few versions behind and upgraded hoping it will solve the problem.

Please advise.
    Thanks!
    Leonid

Attached Files:

2. Andi

Andi New Member

it's a 10 bit video: the minix can't handle it
  3. nbl957

nbl957 New Member

I use MKVToolnix and run my mkv's through that. I normally use it to:-

1. remove streams I don't need (other languages both vocal and text)
    2. clean up if I have problems
    3. convert other files for my convenience (avi, mp4, flv)

Don't know if this will help but I use my system same as you and rarely encounter problems.
  4. nomad

nomad Member

10bit HEVC support is only from S912 , the x8 h-plus is S905 (regular HEVC is okay)
  5. Pran

Pran New Member

I bought the x8-h plus so i could play 4K and now it's already outdated. What a waste of $200.
  6. dryster

dryster Active Member

When did you spend $200 on an X8-H Plus?, I bought mine a few months ago for $102 and them be Canadian dollars.
  7. Pran

Pran New Member

I bought mine about a year ago from amazon for $195.49 after taxes. I guess the prices have really come down since then. But at $200, i would've expected it to be a bit more future resistant. Most 4k content is 10-bit now and this player won't play it.