1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

H96pro+ and Neo A2 Lite

Discussion in 'NEO A2 Lite' started by Kenny1007, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

I just bough an A2 Lite and some leys are not working with my H96pro+ box. I was told that the keys can be remmaped but i dont know how I can do this. My h96 is rooted and the leys that are not working are the Recent Apps, sleep/wake, and the All Apps key.

Can some please help me out.

2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

I think the keys you are wanting to remap are Minix specific only keys have a look in the link may tell you more also maybe somebody knows different
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/a...ng-info-for-xbmc-kodi-on-android-boxes.15080/

3. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

I'll check thst link but it will suck if i can't remap does keys. I knew that the power could be an issue but the "all apps" and "resent apps" didn't cross my mind and i didnt see any reviews stating that. I really like the build quality but that bugs the hell out of me. I might end up returning if that's the case. :(

4. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

Hi guys i was routed to think room because i had a question about key mapping.

I recently bough an h96pro+ and i saw some great reviews about the neo 2 lite so i also purchased one. The problem I'm having is that the "recent apps" "sleep/wake" and "all apps" key do not work. Can some please help me with this. Its bugging me alot that does 3 keys are dead.

5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

If by "sleep/wake" you mean the Power key then it probably won't work as it is IR.
    The "all apps" will only work with MINIX Metro Launcher and "recent apps" I'm not sure.

6. Villa

Posts merged.
    Please do not double post.

7. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

Can the Minix Metro Launcher be installed on other Android boxes and if so where can I download the apk? Spec wise my box should be able to handle it.

8. Villa

9. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

Just to be sure. It's the "MINIX_METRO V4.0 Temp Switch.apk" correct?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  10. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

11. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

For the power button to work you need to copy over the remote.conf file, see here:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/product-and-vendor-ids-for-the-a3-remote.16064/#post-134255

For the A2 Lite .kl file go here thanks to @Villa
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/product-and-vendor-ids-for-the-a3-remote.16064/#post-125468

I have tried to all ends to get the All Apps & Recent Apps button to work but have to admit failure, I use the Minix Metro and it has no effect, I think this is programmed into the framework-res.apk by Minix, if you find a solution then please let us know.

12. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

Awesome and thank you very much. I'll try that. Too bad Mimix devs haven't worked this out. They have a great looking controller and works great except for does keys. They should be able to create a patch or a small app that can be installed on at least rooted devices that allows the mapping of these keys to any box. If I do find out how to get this going i'll let you know. I have 26 more days to decide if I will keep or return the controller. I don't like having dead keys and getting them to work will help me decide.

13. Villa

Funny thing is, I have MINIX devices and MINIX remotes and I never use the "All apps" or the "Recent apps" keys! :p:D

14. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

I use the "recent apps" to clear the running apps every time i exit an app. I also clear it before placing my box into sleep mode. I use it all the time. TBH i can care less about the "All Apps" but the recent is must have for me. I did found a work around with the "SquareHome2" Launcher by making the Menu Key work as the "Resent Apps" when i hold it for 1 second but I would like to have it working with the correct button.

Also, i noticed that the power button works on my controller but it just turn up the volume when i press it. I'll try the "config" file instructions to fix that and hopefully i can get that working correctly.

15. Villa

AFAIK, clearing the recent app list does nothing but just that, "Clears the list" and as I never use the list it sort of doesn't exist. ;)

16. Kenny1007

Kenny1007 New Member

Just giving an update.

I follow the instructions provided by Marty and the Power Button now works to Sleep and Wake the box. As far as the "Recent" and "All Apps" buttons, i'm still not able to get does to work.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Marty likes this.
  17. exotic34

exotic34 New Member

Hello .. I have a Beelink Gt1 2/16 device and I use it with a Minix A2 lite remote control .. I have a custom ROM installed in the FreakTab forum .. (Tillaz87 v10.6 rom) ..My problem when I press the power button the volume increases and the device does not turn off .. All the keys except the Power button are working normally. What do I have to do in this matter? thank you..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  18. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

We only guarantee full compatibility of MINIX NEO A2 Lite and NEO A3 with our range of MINIX Media Hubs for Android. We do not provide support for other brands of media hubs.