1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Custom ROM HardwareGuru 5.0 Malipatch/HLS/DRM for X7

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by HardwareGuru, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Nikos

Nikos New Member

Okay, thanks. I will try it later this day.

Thank you
  2. Pascal147

Pascal147 New Member

After trying the community editions and the KK pre-release I finally ended up with rolling back to this rom and I must say that until now I am very happy with this rom. The quality of the streaming video apps, Fox Sports NL, Ziggo TV & BBC I player are really good. Just the known 20 second or so glitch with Netflix is a bit annoying but after that 20 seconds the picture to me is excellent. Maybe if you ever get around of fixing it that would be great.
    I needed to flash this rom 3 times to make it work though. The problem was that only on the third time airpin finally kicked in. The first two times this just didn't happen. The second time I flashed I didn't touch anything for half an hour but still nothing happened. After selecting the launcher I waited for another 15 minutes but again, no airpin. Then I plugged in the network cable and this started up the airpin service. I immediately rooted the device as well and I think now I shouldn't have done that because I ran into trouble with google play store not wanting to download and/or install any apps. The first couple of apps went fine but suddenly it just froze at downloading applications. After trying the recommended solutions given for this problem by google but with no resolve I decided to flash it one more time and now after flashing and booting airpin kicked in just after a couple of minutes or so. To be sure I didn't touched anything for another ten minutes before I proceeded and voila. It works excellent. This time I didn't root the device and I am not sure if I am gonna root it in the near future.
    This still keeps me wondering if I was to hastily on flashing the community edition rom's. They never worked for me with the streaming apps. Netflix kept freezing up and Fox Sports NL was terribly out of sync. Is it possible I should have waited a longer time after flashing before doing anything? In what way did you integrate the HLS support from this rom into the community edition rom's or do they need a complete different HLS support?

For now I think you did an excellent performance on this rom and it suits all my needs. Ok, it is not as quick as KitKat but as I said before, the quality of the streaming is excellent! Thank you.
  3. Eymert Versteegt

Eymert Versteegt New Member

Totally agree!

The new "community edition" roms are fantastic in terms of performance but they still lack the near-perfect HLS support in this rom!

Almost all HLS apps, notably the Dutch streaming apps (npo, 3fm, rtl, provider live tv apps, etc.) Work like a charm on this rom
  4. Thieske (NL)

Thieske (NL) Member

Hey Hardware guru,

Perhaps a stupid question, but... here it is ...:) I would like to ask you some advice about what to do.
    At the moment i am using my Neo X7 device, with still the "normal" android kernel (4.2 Jelly Bean) and firmware version 010.
    For XBMC/ Kodi i am using two versions, the newest Kodi and Minix Xbmc 13.3.
    I connected my device with HDMI on a Panasonic HD-ready television. This means it is a 720p television (but it can upscale to 1080p).
    I have not connected my dolby surround etc. So it is directly attached to my televison though hdmi. ( i have no spidf connection on the tv).
    Works (almost) great. Only problem are some random sound dropouts during a movie. (but thats another story :) )

After reading the information about the "HardwareGuru 5.0 Malipatch/HLS/DRM for X7" i think there are very interesting advantages of installing/ updating this patch. But i also read that it have a 1080p kernel. I am not sure what i have at this moment ? (so if kodi or minix 13.3 is standard a 720p kernel or is already/ standard a 1080p kernel ?) but can this be a problem if my tv is not Full-HD ? And can i install this patch if i am using the normal firmware 10 en android jelly bean ? Are their also official updates ? (untill now i only updated the firmware and kodi.

I also read you information about the step to another android kernel, the "X7 Kitkat v2.1.0 Community Edition".
    But i am not realy sure if there are any advantages for using this new kitkat kernel when i am only using kodi/ xbmc ?
    Does this improve certaing things in xbmc/ kodi ? If not, then perhaps i can better wait for your next release that probally will be the official minix release that will use your input.

I am very curious what you advise to do and iff i could best install one or both of them.

Hope you can help me out.
  5. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

This rom has a full 1080p kernel but it can be used on a 720p tv with no problems, it will just downscale to 720p.
    Kodi runs best on the latest Kitkat firmware wich is now the Community edition.
    Kitkat will run much faster allthough we do not have fixed HLS ( for apps like 3fm camera etc ) fully yet.
    *I must say we did fix some HLS issues on kitkat today :whistle:
    The new MINIX release will be the next Community edition release but will change all logo's etc so it is a official MINIX release.
    People will then get an OTA update to the new Official release, so in theory there is no difference between the current CE and the next official release, its build by the same crew and will be ota(online without flashtools) updated.
    Your sound issue you have now is probably your HDMI cable.
    The Community edition is auto detecting your TV capabilities and will boot in 720p if you have a HD ready TV so that will not be an issue either.

My advice if you just watch XBMC.. update to Kitkat CE, you will feel and see a huge difference.
    but that is something i would do :d it is allways a matter of choice.

Just a side note;In my home i run an X7 as famaly media box on kitkat firmware. i dont feel the need to replace it with an X8 serie wich i have on stock and could replace it anytime i want.
  6. 14peter

14peter New Member

[Quote = "HardwareGuru, post: 1916, lid 2"] Hallo Joop,

U kan dat doen.
    Gewoon backup GuruXBMC en Guru launcher, apps
    Ja je abonnement stayes actief.

Voor ondersteuning volgende keer contact op met onze custommer dienst per email of telefonisch.
    Ik ben niet comercialy actief op het forum en zou graag zo houden.

Vriendelijke groeten,
    Martin [/ QUOTE]
    Dag Martin
    HardwareGuru Malipatch 5.0 met volledige HLS ondersteuning deze malipatch krijg ik dat ook bij mijn hardwareguru updates sinds de laatste update valt mijn xbmc gewoon uit en genoot die zich terug ik heb een volledige reset van x8h moeten doen
    [Quote = "HardwareGuru, post: 394, lid 2"] HardwareGuru Malipatch 5.0 met volledige HLS ondersteuning
    ================================================== =====
    Specs:
    - Verbeterde gpu prestaties (niet OC).
    - Verhoogde lagere CPU-klok.
    - Verbeterde ram (@ 720MHz)
    - 1080p kernel (Custom kernel)
    - True 1080p (geen overlay)
    - Malipatch opgenomen
    - DRM wortel detectie uitgeschakeld

- Volledige HLS streaming support
    etc ...

Bekende bugs:
    Nog geen -

Dat was het minder belangrijk .. nu de belangrijke dingen ..
    Wat doet het?

Live Streaming Apps (HLS) :
    - Root detectie uitgeschakeld (DRM), moeten we dit te testen!
    - Alle HLS app zou moeten werken, JA ALLES !!

Geteste apps: deze waar gebroken op Rockchip!
    - NPO (volledig functioneel)
    - RTLXL (volledig functioneel)
    - 3FM (volledig functioneel) ook de cam!
    - NPO FIFA 2014 (volledig functioneel)

XBMC:
    - Gladde 1080p afspelen. (Ook in voorgeladen XBMC interne speler) .. JA .. GLAD !!
    - Het speelt blueray .iso bestanden en .mkv bestanden in XBMC zonder frameskips.
    - DTS / DD audio passthrough
    - Niet geworteld
    Let op: je kunt een aantal frameskipping tegenkomen in de eerste paar seconden van een film, daarna is het weg.

Wortel nodig?
    Vergeet niet Root breekt sommige apps voor root detectie!
    Dit is een basis niet geworteld rom voor een simpele reden.
    - Iedereen die wortel kan meestal wortel die het nodig heeft ..
    - Mensen die niet willen of nodig hebben het meestal niet weet hoe je een firmware uitroeien.
    Ik maakte wroeten dan adb eenvoudig, zodat de meeste tutorials zal werken om het te roeien. (Ro.secure = 0)
    Tool om root: http://xbmc.hardwareguru.nl/MinixNeoX7_Utility.zip

Overclock?
    Alleen de ram is ingesteld op 720 MHz.
    De lagere cpu wordt verhoogd, maar de hoge cpu is nog steeds op 1608mhz
    - De kernel is binnenin boot.img, nee ik zal het niet buiten te nemen

Flash Opmerkingen: (LEES dit)
    - Flashtool niet inbegrepen (rkflashtool nodig)
    - Pak het .img en knippert het met rkflashtool
    - De kernel boot niet laten een logo, dus de eerste boot kunt u ongeveer een minuut zwart scherm !! gewoon patiant !! de tweede start zal veel sneller gaan.
    - Als u voor het eerst opstart, wacht tot "Airpin begint" voordat er iets of de app installer zal afbreken doen !! je zult eindigen zonder vooraf geïnstalleerde apps !! Dit kan enige tijd duren !! gewoon patiant !!
    ... Sorry voor alle !! maar sommigen schijnen het nodig hebben

Download:

http://xbmc.hardwareguru.nl/v5/GuruX7_Malipatch_HLS_v5.zip

Suggesties:
    Eventuele suggesties .. laat me gewoon weten.
    Ik doe dit in de vrije tijd dus geen promices maar zal mijn best doen om het up to date te houden of voeg gevraagde functies of fixes.

Veel plezier jongens [/ QUOTE]
  7. Thieske (NL)

Thieske (NL) Member

Ik zie zojuist dat het ook in het Nederlands kan.

M.b.t. je antwoord... in ieder geval alvast bedankt. Zodra ik tijd heb ga ik het toch eens proberen.
    Maar is het dan voldoende om enkel de community editie te installeren of moet ik daarna nog steeds de mali patch installeren ?
    (of zit die er al in opgenomen in deze community editie )

M.b.t. het geluidsprobleem
    Dit ligt het helaas niet aan de HDMI kabel. Ik heb vanalles al geprobeerd destijds nog op het vorige forum (minixforums ofzo).

-Ik heb drie verschillende kabels geprobeerd waaronder ook een nieuwe HDMI High Speed with Ethernet kabel.
    - de verschillende hdmi poorten op mijn tv geprobeerd.
    -De verschillende geluidsinstellingen op de minix geprobeerd, staat nu weer op de rk29_rt5616.
    -Ook voor de zekerheid de instellingen in xbmc van de HDMI mode, daarbij de opties van 1280x720 en 1920x1080 (50 en 60 hz).
    Wellicht niet logisch, maar ik dacht hierbij dat mijn tv misschien iets verkeerds deed met het downscalen van de frequentie
    - Verschillende xbmc versies, zowel Frodo, Gotham als Kodi (en de minix edities).

- Bij de audio output in Kodi, diverse instellingen.
    O.a. 2 kanalen en bij de output configuration de verschillende opties (fixed, optimized, best match), audio device levend houden (zowel uit als aan)
    De Gui sounds alleen als playback gestopt is etc.

Blijft een vreemd iets. Hij blijft op willekeurige momenten (bij zowel series, films en diverse kwaliteiten) het probleem hebben dat het geluid even weg valt. Het lijkt net of men even de "mute" knop in drukt. Het geluid valt namelijk weg maar de rest van de film blijft perfect door draaien.
    De meeste films/ series die ik kijk vermelden overigens in het scherm dat het om AAC geluid gaat. Online heb ik overigens meer mensen gelezen met het idem probleem. De meeste die geen probleem ervaren, hebben vaak een nieuwere tv met hun neo x7 aangesloten via een SPIDF aansluiting.

Ik weet niet of zo'n file (met AAC geluid) in xbmc omgezet wordt of dat de TV hier nog een rol in speelt.
    In het verleden heb ik ook welleens met passthrough opties wat geprobeerd, maar daar kwam ik niet helemaal uit of dit nu iets uitmaakte ( ik twijfelde of dit nut heeft indien ik enkel een tv heb en niet mijn dolby surround set erop aansluit). Maar wellicht dat dit iets zou kunnen veranderen gezien je dan volgens mij kunt kiezen of een bepaald format wel of niet door xbmc veranderd wordt.
  8. mivilleb

mivilleb New Member

I want to test your ROM on my Neo X7 but I want to know a few things first (I will start from the official firmware 010, pure 1080p version):

1- Does the XBMC work with 1080i (this is the main reason I want to try your ROM), 1080i currently does not work in 010 and I tried most flavors of XBMC (Beyond XBMC, Minix XBMC 13.3.3 beta 8, Kodi 14.0, SPMC 13.4)
    2- Does your ROM come with the EHomeMediaCenter app, this is the only app that plays 1080i perfectly for me
    3- What are the step to revert back to the official 010 firware if ever your ROM does not work for me

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  9. User X

User X New Member

And what about the AnTuTu ? Compared to stock ROM, how is it ?
  10. gufone

gufone Big Owl Super Moderator

As hardwareguru tell you in another thread, they are just numbers...
  11. Luis Cordoba

Luis Cordoba New Member

12. Hyrion

Hyrion New Member

Great release! You've solved all my problems! Tks
  13. evan0010

evan0010 New Member

Hello,
    I am a new X7 user. My question is similar to Luis above. I just updated X7-Kitkat 230. Does your file is addition to this FW or it's already included in this FW.

I have to admit that I am not a teckical person.
    Thanks
  14. HardwareGuru

Kitkat 230 is much newer. ( the guru 5.0 is android 4.2 and 230 is android 4.4 )
  15. MasTool

MasTool New Member

Hi,
    I just wanted to update that this rom works perfect on my Transmart T428 !
    Also the "DRM root detection disabled" is a must have. I finally able to watch DRM streams.
    Thank you so much for your hard work.
  16. arritrancos

arritrancos New Member

Hi,
    I'm try to download your ROM but the link doesn't work :cry:

xbmc.hardwareguru.nl/v5/GuruX7_Malipatch_HLS_v5.zip

P.S.: Thanks a lot for your work. I have tested this ROM for a minix X7 mini and it run perfectly!
  17. HardwareGuru

Will update the link asap.. We had a server change so the files must be reuploaded.
    arritrancos likes this.
  18. Hyrion

Hyrion New Member

I have a big problem with the wifi, with this release is very slow in both download and upload, it is impossible for either watch movies in streaming or video on the web,what can I do?
  19. pablomor

pablomor New Member

Hi, I would like to download this custom ROM but the link is broken yet. Are you going to upload the ROM?

Thanks.
  20. pat miller

pat miller Member

how do you get this zip saying empty server not found