1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Has support for the NEO U9-H ended?

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by Citizen, Jul 27, 2018.

1. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

or marvelling at the worlds longest sea bridge :)(y)

midnight likes this.
  2. crea

crea Member

Security updates missing for 2 years, perhaps

3. Marm

Marm Active Member

No, it does a variety of other frustrating things:
    1) Freezing with screen visable but mouse and A3 remote unresponsive;
    2) Screen goes black (happens on different TVs, both with and without two different AV amplifiers); (HDMI cable changed too)
    3) Freezing with sound getting stuck on a loud constant sound;
    4) Mouse and remote/keyboard lags and unresponsive much like a Windows machine that has a virus, running out of resources, overheating or with a poor connection;
    5) Poor connectivity both wireless and wired connections and
    6) A variety of issues (cut and paste and absurd weather are two of many).

These problems are intermittent sometimes causing constant crashing every few minutes, or once an hour, every few hours or even not happening and the box running well for a few days.

They also happen in a variety of tasks, browsing the Internet, sreaming using PureVPN, Kodi, Terrarium, Netflix, FilmOn, Slingbox, (other streaming apps, CTV, CNN etc.), Facebook, and WSOP (World Series of Poker).

Also as I factory reset everything few weeks to a month or so, my setup varies from minimal with few programs to a large selection of apps, sometimes with Kodi with one or two add-ons, to a large selection added individually. Sometimes I even test builds both large and small.

My firmware is the latest and all programs except Chrome Browser and Kodi 17.6 are the latest versions. I use an old version of Chrome so I can use cut and paste. I have also replaced the power supply and tried several other ones.

Always hoping for a solution but also want more RAM and at least 2 USB 3 ports on my next box.

Many thanks...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 3:39 AM
  4. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Well I can't see any firmware release fixing that list of problems your having, it's fairly clear that your box is faulty going by that long list of issues, you should contact minix support as they'll ship a brand new replacement to you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kingsizept likes this.
  5. antonioSLB

antonioSLB New Member

You might need to replace the PSU.
    I had some problems too, did send a message to Minix-John and he did provide me a replacement unit.
    Now i don't have the problems anymore.
    Send message to Minix-John.

kingsizept likes this.
  6. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Yes definitely talk to John. That definitely sounds like a faulty unit. Mine are all rock solid and they get an absolute pounding from me & my family.

USB3 and RAM would be nice but those are a limitation of the SoC. As is the case with MINIXs Windows boxes, if they could put it in they would.

As for the lack of updates *This is not official* I believe months ago they said they were skipping Nougat and going straight to Oreo.
    Now as others have said (I dont keep up with it nowadays) AML Oreo is pretty crap which correlates with what Martin said regarding the long list of bugs.

I have been running these and the old forums for nearly 6 years now so whilst I have absolutely no financial interest or too much inside info, I can pretty well tell you what's going on.
    Oreo is not good enough for public consumption and won't be released until it is.
    Nougat likely won't get released unless it's obvious that Oreo will not be to an acceptable standard.
    Will they come out and make any official statements? Likely not, they learned their lesson early on (hence the no ETA rule).

That is a double edge sword for them...
    The silent majority would be happy with Nougat, hell I'm happy where I am now. Security updates are all I care about now the box does what I need it to.
    The vocal minority who msg me and start shitposting in the forum will not be happy either way.

Side note: public and private beta testing has been done for near on every box since the X5 I believe. All the way up to FW 005 for the U9-H.
    If they need it, we organise it. I doubt they'd be bothering with Oreo at the moment if it is flawed to begin with.

David_Cole, kingsizept, Villa and 3 others like this.
  7. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

This is a great idea. As a reseller and installer of many Android and ATV products, we have noticed the lack of support with many more expensive Android boxes. We have noticed many inexpensive Android boxes are as versatile and even faster with more features, than a lot of the more expensive boxes. I find it amusing that a Windows device can usually be updated to the latest OS, but so many Android devices are stuck at a certain Android version. MINIX is not a cheap product. So why is the support so lacking?
    Please post if and when you create that list.

Marm and kingsizept like this.
  8. condoliza

condoliza New Member

Ohhh ...i had no problems at all the last year then just today

No Blue Light !

Tried un plugging and switch on off both with the remote and on the box but nothing... seems 'dead'

Any ideas please ?

9. RedGreen

RedGreen New Member

Could be a bad power supply, a common issue. Contact Support.

10. condoliza

condoliza New Member

Is there a link on this site where to contact?

11. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

PM @MINIX - John

12. condoliza

condoliza New Member

13. condoliza

condoliza New Member

So i go to conversations and enter just 'john' or what ...sorry im bit new to this.

14. midnight

Yes, Start a Conversation...put your cursor over his name in the earlier post :)

15. midnight

16. condoliza

condoliza New Member

Ok thanks for your assistance.

Sorry about the duplication.

I have sent pm to John .

I will take the box to the seller today,here in Malaysia, maybe they can try a different power cable and see what they say.

midnight likes this.
  17. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

I've replied to your messages.

midnight likes this.
  18. condoliza

condoliza New Member

Many thanks to John who replied very fast to my email.

Turns out the power adapter was faulty .

Gh0st and skynet like this.