1. Official MINIX forum

hdmi cec

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 003' started by UserNL, Feb 19, 2015.

1. UserNL

UserNL New Member

The device does not turn on with CEC, unlike any other CEC device I own. I have to push the button or take the remote.

Any way to fix this? It makes CEC a little bit useless if I need the remote to turn it on. (Also, I can not hide the device behind the TV because of the IR which is kinda annoying since the TV is mounted on the wall and nothing to put the device on :)).

Waking on usb might be fine too, so when tv turns on it wakes the unit. (when connected)

tested on a Philips, Samsung and LG tv.

Thanks

/U

edit: running on last OTA
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. mattheu

mattheu New Member

like to know this to
  3. 463nt_0ran63

463nt_0ran63 Member

How did you turn the device on via cec on the builds before? Or did it never work?
  4. UserNL

UserNL New Member

did never work
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Have you turn on CEC from the box's menu...?
    SETTINGS -> Advanced -> CEC control
    Please make sure your cable supports CEC as well. Some cables don't.
  6. UserNL

UserNL New Member

Hi Ken, thanks for your answer.

Cec works, I can use the tv remote in xbmc etc. The x8-h turns off when the tv turns off. but it just does not turn on again when the tv turns on or when switching to the proper hdmi channel. I always have to take the remote or push the button.
    (remote does not work as I have the tv mounted on the wall and hid the unit behind the tv so I have to go out of bed to push the button)

with kind regards,
    /U
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

It wakes up for me when I select the correct CEC source from the list of sources on the Tv (Samsung). (I have to select the CEC input source not the usual HDMI input source).
    I haven't tested when switching the TV on, as I only use this function when watching another source on the TV. I can try later tonight.
  8. UserNL

UserNL New Member

Hm, I don't know if I ever tried to select the CEC input source, probably only hdmi. Thanks for your suggestion and for letting know it is possible., I'll try when I get home.

/U
  9. UserNL

UserNL New Member

Higgs, you are the man!
    On my old philips I had to trash the HDMI3 menu item for the NEO-X8 to popup, when selecting it the device turns on!

Thanks very much, I love the X8-H.
    /U