1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

HDMI output status spoofing

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Daneng66, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Johno102

Johno102 Active Member

Not sure what your setup is as regards AV amp or CEC-HDMI switching, but as above I find a simple re-boot of the U1 with my AVR set to the U1 as its source and it works again.
  2. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Followed those same steps and it got my sky go app working too. I hardly ever power off or reboot my my box, I just put it to sleep so I'll see later if the app still works after resuming from sleep mode.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  3. funkyirishman

funkyirishman Member

Thanks

How would I change the AVR to U1 as its source and I will try that
  4. Johno102

Johno102 Active Member

Ok, my set-up is that I have my U1, PS3 and Sky+ all going to my AVR by HDMI and then a single HDMI from the AVR to the TV. It is when I switch from say the U1 to the Sky+ as the source on the AVR I want to display that the Sky Go app appears to detect the change, 'realises' I'm outputing via HDMI and puts a stop on proceedings so to speak.

A reboot of the U1 with the source set to the U1 and the Sky Go app works again until I switch to Sky or the PS3.
  5. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Got my U1 running through my yamaha amp, I will switch inputs to see if the sky go app stops working for me or whether it's an issue with your specific amp

6. funkyirishman

funkyirishman Member

Cheers
    I have a Virgin / DVD Player and U1 box hooked up to the tv all via separate HDMI cable’s to separate HDMI outputs on the TV
    Last night I turned on the TV and it worked again. It just seems to not work when I close out of watching something and try again and I think I have to reboot and make sure virgin box not on but not sure why it works one time and not the other?
  7. givecredit

givecredit Member Beta Tester

Would there be a difference between the EDID/HDMI setup on U1 and X8H, X7, x5 or X8 as changing inputs on the other Minix boxes, the app does not detect the change of EDID/HDMI info. The app plays as normal.
  8. htrex

htrex New Member

Sky Go Italy, please

I've just bought a Minix U1 and found that Sky Go Italy doesn't work.
    I could install and successfully launch a mod version for rooted devices https:// mega.nz /#%21csREhDJA%217hmo5pUpX6l7NDRZudAl-nnRGru2C6KmEhe2Bt8owbw (remove the spaces from the link, I'm new here and not yet allowed to post links!)

that's the only one that works despite my Minix U1 isn't and has never been rooted.
    The problem is that it still recognizes an HDMI output and doesn't reproduce anything.

This app requires a legit SKY Go account to see live and on demand content, but for testing purposes you can click the yellow button "SCOPRI SKY GO" (SCOPRI means DISCOVER) to watch a promotional video: even that triggers the HDMI check.
  9. givecredit

Are you on latest June firmware and did you reboot box before trying. With uk skygo, reboot needed before use.
  10. htrex

htrex New Member

Yes I'm using FW008 and a reboot did the trick! Thank you very much!
  11. givecredit

Thanks for new firmware update 009. Unfortunately the HDMI bug still appears in Skygo APP. It also appears in Eir Sports player app too. Have to reboot U1 before playing these apps. Is this something we are going to have to live with?
    The older MiNIX X7, X8 and X8plus are not effected by this HDMI bug.
  12. Johno102

Johno102 Active Member

As far as I gather it is something we are going to have to live with. Seemingly the workaround used to mask the HDMI output status on the other boxes doesn't work with Lollipop. And the workaround used for the U1 can't prevent the Sky Go (and other apps) detecting the change of EDID/HDMI info when the input is switched.
  13. givecredit

Thanks for that piece of information. Hopefully they find a work around. In the meantime a one click reboot would be nice.
  14. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Technically we can do what you said, but in reality we can't do it.
    If we do it like the way you said, many others things will be messed up.
    We shall not go that far.
  15. givecredit

Thanks for the information.

Do you know what the rebooting does so that it has the effect of getting app working again. Could this be achieved a different way? that is without a reboot? Would s
    Do you know what the rebooting does that it gets the apps working again. Can this same process be achieved without actually rebooting? Maybe there is an app that will do what is required without actually rebooting to speed up the process? This could be added to U1
  16. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Personally I think having to reboot the box to get sky go working is a small price to pay for having it work at all.

Villa likes this.
  17. givecredit

I agree, it's great to have sky go working with reboot. I'm just trying to improve the process.
  18. tabs78

tabs78 New Member

Hi. I don't understand: in this moment there are not a way to use italian SkyGo on neo u1 ?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk
  19. htrex

htrex New Member

Yes you can, but you need to download a modified version of the SkyGo APP (of course it still needs a legit subscription with username and password).

Search Google for "skygo dfox", you'll need to download and install "Sky Go 2.7.5 per Tablet con Root".

After launching the app you could still receive an error message, just reboot your Minix U1 and relaunch the app, it will work well!
  20. tabs78

tabs78 New Member

All times i used it i have to follow this way?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk