1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Hdmi to component cable

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by theplunger, Oct 5, 2015.

1. theplunger

theplunger New Member

Would this work with this unit? ...to convert to RCA standard def signal.
    Moderator edit - Link removed

$_12.JPG
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  2. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

No, it will not work. HDMI is digital, RCA or SCART are analogue, a simple cable cannot do the conversion from digital to analogue.
    You will need an active HDMI to AV (RCA) converter, it's a bit expensive.
  3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

4. adi_tca

I really doubt it will ever work.
    Villa likes this.
  5. theplunger

theplunger New Member

What would work? Is there someone out there that has a SD hook up? This is a major sticking point with me getting Minix.
  6. adi_tca

I told you already that you need an active hdmi to rca converter that you should find in any electronics shop. You will also need 2 cables, one hdmi to hdmi and another one as rca to rca or scart.
    This is an example: Moderator edit: Link removed.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  7. theplunger

theplunger New Member

Aww the link was removed. I'm still having a hard time understanding this. From what I see. E bay has lots of little boxes that go from RCA to Hdmi, but not the other way around. For that they have a simple cable. However, people say that cable will not work. I really need low cost links to examples of the right thing that is known to work.
  8. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

what do you mean by a SD hook up ? ....... maybe if you try to describe what you are trying to do by way of what you are hooking up your minix to in terms of audio and TV devices etc, and what apps you are using and what you hope to achieve.
  9. Villa

Just search for "HDMI to AV (RCA) converter" like @adi_tca suggested!

[​IMG]
  10. adi_tca

He wants to buy a Minix, but he has an old TV set with RCA/SCART input, so he is asking how to connect it.
  11. adi_tca

@Villa, why did you removed the link? It's not an advert, nor a link to a competitor device. It's simething that will eventually help the guy to decide buying a Minix...
    Yeah, anyway, it was from amazon.
  12. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

how well is something like this likely to work with the minix, that is the question i guess that needs answering as they are not expensive ?
    there's plenty of choice on amazon and ebay
  13. Villa

It was a link to Amazon with pricing. These types of link are not allowed!
    Then I posted on your behalf in a manner that is acceptable.

Forum Rules...
    • Advertising of any commercial product or service on this forum is not permitted.
    If you want to help this member more you can do it via a PM.
  14. adi_tca

Under above same forum rule, why would someone then post a link to an application from Playstore that costs money? Plenty of examples...

Anyway...:)...:whistle:.. 'll keep that in mind...
  15. adi_tca

You can at least read customers feedback for the different devices...for the same purpose... unless someone else here is using such a converter.
  16. Villa

I know! It is difficult deciding what is right and wrong, but I can only follow what I am told!
    The Playstore paid for apps has crossed my mind, but generally there are free versions of most apps.
  17. Villa

I use an "HDMI to VGA converter with audio" with my MINIX Z64W to an old monitor. It works very well!
    No reason why an "HDMI to AV (RCA) converter" shouldn't work!
  18. adi_tca

It doesn't matter in the end if it's a paid or free app... it's falling under the forum rule you posted...
    Even pointing to Minix website for their list of products falls under the same rule...:)... it's "Advertising of any commercial product or service..", right?...:whistle:

Anyway, again, it's difficult to judge and we are diverting from the thread subject...;)
  19. theplunger

theplunger New Member

I'm still waiting to see if someone here uses a hdmi to rca converter and which model. I've been warned some models don't work. That is what makes me cautions. I've also read some converts work backwards, like RCA to Hdmi (up-scaling) for old items that need to be plugged into a new TV. I got to be careful not to get that kind of converter. As you can understand now why I'm so fearful and need to find proof by someone using one and it's model. I'm looking to get the Neo 8 H plus one day.
  20. Villa

If you look at the image I posted you will see the direction of conversion. INPUT - HDMI, OUTPUT - RCA.
    If it is an RCA to HDMI then it will be indicated that way!