1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Hdmi to component cable

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by theplunger, Oct 5, 2015.

1. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

Look at the picture that @Villa posted: it has (mini) HDMI input and RCA output! They give the HDMI cable also, you just need the RCA one towards your TV.

But till someone else will answer, maybe Santa will bring you a new TV with HDMI input...:)... so you won't need this adapter...:whistle:
  2. theplunger

theplunger New Member

Now I need to find one that has a regular plug-in. The Minix is going to a house that has one of those large projection tv's. I don't think it's going to be replaced anytime soon.

Besides proof of someone that used the converter on his minix; I want to know what is the largest powered external hard drive the Minix supports?
  3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

What's a regular plug-in?
  4. Villa

The ones I have looked at do not supply the HDMI cable. The cable provided is a USB power cable.
  5. theplunger

theplunger New Member

Instead of a usb powered unit, I'm looking for a wall plug-in unit.
  6. Villa

Same difference really! You connect the USB power cable to a USB wall plug-in unit. Simples! (y)
    Here's a couple of options...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. YpeGVM1L

YpeGVM1L New Member

hdmi to component converter.png Hi,

I have a Minix U1 box and all my TV HDMI ports are faulty. My TV resolution is 1080 Full HD.

May I know will there be any benefit in terms of picture/sound quality , if I buy a HDMI to Component (5 coloured output) active converter as compared to the earlier recommended converter, HDMI to Composite (3 coloured output)?

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you.
  8. Villa

The image you have posted is 3 video outputs with 2 (R/L) audio outputs.
  9. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

Yes there will be. Although both connections are analog. Composite analog video (the yellow plug) has a maximum definition capability of 576i images -so not HD, while Component analog video (Red, Green, Blue plugs) allow up to 1080p HD definition. The analog sound is what it is, no improvements in any of the choices. You will need the red and white cable for sound for both connection types to bring the sound out from the converter to the analog device, (or analog connection in your tv as it seems to be the case).
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  10. scubascuba3

scubascuba3 Member

I bought one of the HDMI2AV adapters and although it worked the picture was below average so i decided to buy a new TV instead