1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Headphone jack with mic not supported

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Official Firmware Releases' started by sergio vlc, Feb 15, 2017.

1. sergio vlc

sergio vlc New Member

I have upgraded with the neo U1 from a previous android box. My set is optoma projector via Hdmi and AVR Marantz receiver connected via headphone socket. All worked perfectly with 2 different previous boxes. With Neo U1 no sound as it doesn't recognize the 3,5 jack with mic plug. Tested with normal headphones the sound gets through. As the insalled wiring is in the wall and 20 m long, I would prefer an app or firmware based solution so I can force sound on the jack and recognize the 3 partition jack as in other android boxes. The firmware doesn't have the X8 option to select the output in hdmi / headphone / both. I use 16.3 firmware and kodi kripton 17.0. and minix xbmc updated. No way to make it recognize. Maybe a bluetooth dolby/ac3 passthrough? Maybe settings screen like X8? Thanks in advance for your help.
    PD:Tried with soundAround app, doesn't work either

2. sergio vlc

sergio vlc New Member

Checking with the old box I see that spdif is enabled through a 3,5 mm jack, allowing the installation with coaxial cable needed to install AVR under the screen far from the projector and get digital unproceessed signal. If done in the unexpensive boxes why not keep it on one of the best?

3. sergio vlc

sergio vlc New Member

Anyone in minix?:(

4. Rover

Rover New Member

You might need to switch ends around its video and left and right audio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. sergio vlc

sergio vlc New Member

Thanks for the tip.
    Did it already, jack to 3 rca's each one in turn connected to AVR
    Doesn' work. I would have liked some reply or support from Minix saying do it that way or not possible or next update...
    I'm returning the unit. Bye Minix

6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Don't you see there are 2 jacks? 1 for mic input, 1 for audio output...

Villa likes this.
  7. sergio vlc

sergio vlc New Member

The problem is not about two jacks, tried with 1separation jack (headphones) Is about not sending passthrough sound through a connection other than Hdmi, making one of the best boxes in the market useless for projector installations

8. MINIX - Ken

audio passthrough? you can only do it with HDMI or SPDIF

9. sergio vlc

sergio vlc New Member

This is the problem, many boxes come with coaxial spdif via jack and now many come with optical one, all have hdmi passtrough. Having 20 m cable in wall between minix /projector and avr /screen, I can't connect via HDMI or optical due to signal losses. So not allowing coaxial passthrough through headphone jack in minix is a major setback for me.

10. MINIX - Ken

The box comes with optical SDPIF port only.
    You may convert from that if you need to.