1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Hi am new here I just found out that my minix neo z64 Will not be able to upgrade to Kodi 17

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by Bajam12, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bajam12

Bajam12 New Member

Is there a way I can upgrade my z64 to Android 5.0

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
  2. Kophead

Kophead New Member

Yes I'm in the same boat I spent a lot extra on a minix device because they issue updates! So are we sitting on an expensive brick?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  3. dryster

dryster Active Member

I wonder why the Kodi developers have excluded Android 4.4.4 and if the answer will be that Minix release a Krypton version of their Kodi.
  4. wasyl00

wasyl00 New Member

Is it not a better idea to give us Android upgrade instead?
  5. dryster

dryster Active Member

I think what you're saying is that the latest variant of a program (Kodi) is more important that the stable operating system of your device, which seems backwards, and my question is asking why the development team at Kodi have excluded Android 4.4.4 and is it because there is something lacking in the kernal of the operating system that they specifically use for some obscure feature? - it is odd that the xbmc team started out bending over backwards to run their media centre on an original xbox, and here we are 15 years or so later and they're excluding devices based on the version of the operating system, will we seem them excluding all 32 bit versions of windows eventually?

I would expect that to be true if our friends at Microsoft have actually started pulling the strings in the Kodi world....

What features in the new Kodi do you need?
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.