1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X8-H How to add a genre to Kodi?

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Vittorrio1980, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Vittorrio1980

Vittorrio1980 Member

Hi all, I've been using Mediaelch to write nfo files for all my movies and have found all my Christmas movies, opened and edited their nfo files to have <genre>Christmas</genre> included. But I don't see 'Christmas' in genres after hitting 'Update Library' or even after 'Cleanup Library'.
    Am I missing something? Do I need to add that genre manually to Kodi itself? If so, how?
    Thanks

Yes, I'm aware it's January, but it was a pain trying to find certain movies while preparing Christmas dinner and I want to be prepared for the big day 2016!
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you rescanned the files (change content) and used local info rather than an online scraper?
    I don't know if kodi picks up changes to local NFO files automatically or if it has to be scraped again.
    Update Library will pick up new video files but I don't know if it will pick up changes to NFO files for existing video files.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  3. Vittorrio1980

Vittorrio1980 Member

Interesting! Thank you for your reply. How do I go about rescanning the files? I thought updating the library would do this - clearly I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing.
  4. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

You need to rescrape
    - delete and update, or
    - reload
  5. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Update never looks at files again once scraped
    Remove from lib and the update works