1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

How to adjust Intel Graphics Control Centre

Discussion in 'Z83-4 Guides & FAQs' started by Ian Young, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Ian Young

Ian Young New Member

I have just bought one of these boxes - very pleased indeed with everything I have seen.

When I first installed it, I used my PC monitor (HDMI) and the picture fitted perfectly. However when I moved to my Panasonic TV it does not quite fit the screen - slightly too large. To get it to fit, I have dropped the resolution one notch, but when I needed to do this with my outgoing W7 home entertainment PC, there was an easy to adjust pair of controls on the AMD control panel for me to make it the right size.

Am I doing the right thing?
  2. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

You are talking about 'overscan' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan and often the TV's are at 'overscan-mode'... I think at the AMD the output is a little bit 'underscaned' so it matches/fitt to the TV... now you have to check the settings at your TV and use the one which is 1:1 and not at 'overscan-mode' (I don't know how it is called at Panasonic)
    kav2001 likes this.
  3. Ian Young

Ian Young New Member

Many thanks for pointing me towards the overscan option on the TV - all is now resolved (with a bit of to-ing and fro-ing!) and I am now on the max resolution.

Your help is much appreciated.

I see from your graphic that you are a moderator - would you please tell me how to contact admin. I could not fully register with the forum with my orginal email address ( I have my own domain). When I changed it to my Gmail address there were no problems, and you may be losing potential members because of this.
  4. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

@Gh0st @HardwareGuru Could you check this?
  5. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

I'll have a look when I'm on my pc. It would be the spam bot putting you into a holding area so one of us can approve you.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
  6. Ian Young

Ian Young New Member

To be specific about what was happening - I signed up and put my normal email address in. I was then sent an email which did not arrive, and I asked for a resend - also did not arrive. I waited a couple of days and tried again with the same result. When I had the issue with the TV, I then decided to change my email address and within a few seconds I was fully registered.
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

I don't have the device with me today,
    I'm just wondering can you find this option in the Intel HD graphics control panel:

scaling.jpg
  8. Ian Young

Ian Young New Member

I played around with a couple of the settings but they did not yield a full result.

Removing the overscan made the full resolution fit perfectly.
  9. MINIX - Ken

https://communities.intel.com/thread/105590

Intel should be aware of this driver problem, compute stick has the same cpu and driver.
  10. Ian Young

Ian Young New Member

I did not realise that this is a general issue. I watched a youtube video which showed the two (v & h) bars on an Intel Graphics Control Centre which could be adjusted to make things fit (just like amd, only different) but those bars are not on the minix driver of course.
  11. MINIX - Ken

12. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

Quote:
    {“Override scaling” will not work for external displays in BayTrail or Braswell.
    This is a known limitation due to these platforms having only one scalar which is assigned to internal panels mostly.}

I think Baytrail/Cherrytrail/Braswell are sharing the same property in terms of scalar.[/QUOTE]

This is the problem I am having too. Is there any hope to ever get it to work?
  13. MINIX - Ken

This is the problem I am having too. Is there any hope to ever get it to work?[/QUOTE]
    No according to the reply by Intel.
  14. kav2001

kav2001 New Member

I had a very similar issue when first installed as well. The fix was in my Samsung TV settings though.
    Instead of choosing the default 16x9 resolution they had a 16x9 fit to screen setting which works perfectly.
    As mentioned above I think the TV was overscanning