1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

How to fix the rockchip driver for Windows 8/8.1/10

Discussion in 'General Rockchip ( x5mini/x5/x7/x7mini )' started by lead6dead2, Dec 30, 2017.

1. lead6dead2

lead6dead2 New Member

As we know, the rockchip driver has some compatibility issues with Windows 8 or up, leading to the device not regconized.

So I have made a simple program to solve the problem
    Simply download the rockchip fix (included in the attachment), extract and run the executable
    This will modify some registry entry and replace the usbport.sys and usbhub.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder (old file will be backed up as usbhub.sys.bak and usbport.sys.bak)

The extra custom USB drivers aren't needed, but I also include it because some devices wouldn't work/have problems without it.

If you have any problem running this program, please reply with the details of the problem and details of your machine

Hope this help,
    lead6dead2

UPDATE (3/17/2018): I've completely redone the program, no more false virus detection now !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. Meiner

Meiner New Member

Although the Windows Defender virus warning is a bit scary, I can confirm that this works nicely. After several hours of work, I have eventually been able to update my to X7 minis to the latest KitKat 250 release. Great work - thanks!

lead6dead2 likes this.
  3. Lorein Watson

Lorein Watson New Member

That’s true many users face the issue while installing the rockchip driver but in many cases the due to the antivirus or Windows firewall users faces the problem so here it is recommended to temporary disable the third party antivirus program and Windows Firewall after that try installing the rockchip driver in Windows operating system.