1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

How to flash firmware image (X6, X8 series)

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by HardwareGuru, Aug 10, 2014.

1. IronMonkeyPimp

IronMonkeyPimp New Member

Tried the update using the SD Card upgrade process - which worked with no issues. Makes me wonder as this seems to be the easiest method to upgrade why bother with the USB Burning Tool method ?
  2. janus

janus New Member

hi i have a problem i did instal the firmware for MINIX NEO X8-H but now it only show the android pup in start and noting more did set it hole night on becouse i did think it was doing somting but this morning stil the same after restart same get back
    what do i do wrong i did use the upgrade X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW009 can any one help me whit that of did i use stil the wrong firmware
  3. gadgets

gadgets New Member

thanks, had a few issues connecting it to burning tool, but got it to work.

4. weebelly

weebelly New Member

av also got this same problem after using usb burining tool be on the minix logo for a while now
  5. Mario

Mario Member

I have experience in this. My pc (Windows 10) does not recognize x8 h plus.
  6. Gakkeras

Gakkeras New Member

Thanks for your info
  7. Lawson

Lawson New Member

i cant get the usb tool to detect my box at all is this still working?
  8. Lawson

Lawson New Member

im also running windows10. but the debloater picked up my minix just the burning tool does not
  9. Wickedvisions

Wickedvisions New Member

Got all success of flashing my device via USB burning tool but now when i connect it to the tv the screen is all black but the minix got the blue light shining that its on?
  10. Adriana Oliveira

Adriana Oliveira New Member

[CITAÇÕES = "HardwareGuru, pós: 386, um membro: 2"] Caro todos X6, X8 / X8-Plus / X8-H / usuários X8-H-Plus,

Para piscar o firmware imagem, você precisa:

1.) Faça o download do pacote de firmware .img;
    2.) Extraia-;
    3.) Instale a flash flash USB do Windows, baixando:
    Escolha "Instalar de qualquer maneira" quando o sistema solicita uma instalação do driver, em seguida, abra o aplicativo e e-mail (foto 1 e 2);
    View attachment 14
  11. Adriana Oliveira

Adriana Oliveira New Member

12. gufone

gufone Big Owl Super Moderator

Please, write only in English. This is an English only forum.
  13. neeknikker

neeknikker New Member

Hi Guys,

love to try this rom but got a bit stuck. Downloaded and unpacked the rar file to an .img file. Connected my minix neo h8+ succesfully to the usb burning tool. When I try to import the .img file to the usb burning tool application it says: Parse burning iamge fail. Kinda funny it spells image wrong ^^.

Anyone any idea what is going wrong? I can't find it with google
  14. MR ZAW

MR ZAW New Member

My PC and My Neo are don't connect.How to fix it and what driver need?
  15. Bob Wareham

Bob Wareham New Member

Hi Wiggly I need to flash new software to my Minix x8-Hplus but you say it works best with USB can you point me to the method instructions, please Thanks Bob
  16. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

@Wiggly's post is very old and as far as I can tell has an X8, X8-H or X8 Plus not an X8-H Plus. They have different firmwares!
  17. Bob Wareham

Bob Wareham New Member

Thanks Wiggly for your help I think it is time for the Bin
  18. Bob Wareham

Bob Wareham New Member

Thank you for the instructions but please can you tell me (What is the normal Erase option) how do I erase the corrupted software before installing the new operating firmware? thanks Bob
    MR ZAW likes this.
  19. Villa

The firmware image reflash will overwrite the existing (corrupted) firmware.
    Just follow the instructions!
  20. Villa