1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

How to play music with my TV OFF

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H Guides & FAQs' started by FredFR75, Dec 11, 2017.

1. FredFR75

FredFR75 New Member

Hi, did somebody achieve to hear some music with the TV off ?

I have configured the SDPIF output on my audio amplifier but when if switch my TV off it's automatically stops the Deezer or Spotify playing. The situation is the same when I just pull out the HDMI cable.

I sets the CEC mode to OFF but it does not help.

2. MuckyMark

MuckyMark New Member

I have the same issue using Spotify as soon as I turn the TV off it pauses the music, as far as I can tell I've disabled HDMI control, but like many settings Minix refuses to act on your preferences, frustration strikes as soon as I pick up the remote for this box, seriously thinking of selling the thing on ebay.

3. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

4. MuckyMark

MuckyMark New Member

I have a fairly old (2012) LG TV that has limited ability for turning the screen off but it can be done in a messy eco way, the fact remains if you disable HDMI control within the Minix android settings it should do that! Is there any plan to fix this what should be a simple fix within the Minix OS?

5. Fred

Fred New Member

Sorry but mine is not an old one, it is a LG OLED55B6V TV OLED 4K bought in 2017 !
    It would be nice for energy saving purpose if Minix can provide such a simple functionality to be able to run the music applications without the TV on.
    Best regards

MuckyMark likes this.
  6. MuckyMark

MuckyMark New Member

Yes especially as OLED displays age more rapidly than other technologies, I can understand why you want to turn off the screen while listening to music! come on Minix OS authors get the basic fundamentals of your BIOS right!