1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

How to transfer files between PC and Minix (Kodi)?

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by bubbalovestv, Oct 11, 2017.

1. bubbalovestv

bubbalovestv New Member

Hi,

I have a Neo X7 running Kodi 16.2 with a portable HD attached via USB.

Is there a way to transfer files from that portable HD to my Laptop/PC which is on the same network?

I have Kodi on my Laptop/PC, and I can access the library and stream videos from the Kodi on my Minix box to the Kodi on my PC, but I'm asking specifically if I can transfer the files, as opposed to just streaming them.

Thanks.

edit: Laptop/PC is running Windows 10 and Kodi 17.4
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

you could try installing ES file explorer on your minix ( it probably is already) and initiating Remote manager from the network tab. This will then advise the ftp access address for the minix.
    Using something like WinSCP on your PC you can then connect and transfer files to and fro between minix and your PC...just not sure whether you will see the HD
    Danavorn likes this.
  3. Danavorn

Danavorn Member

Install a tiny ftp server on Minix and use filezilla or WinSCP on the PC .... or viceversa ...
  4. nbl957

nbl957 New Member

You should be able to browse tour laptop files provided you have a shared folder. If you can do this then using ES file explorer on your Minix select the file(s) you want to copy then go to your laptop directory still using ES and paste the files to your chosen shared location on the laptop.

Even easier. Take the portable drive to your computer - copy the files directly (much faster) - reattach the drive to your Minix.
  5. carrubayerka

carrubayerka New Member

On my side, I like to transfer phone files to computer by using this method.
    Just connect the phone with computer via WIFI network or USB cable, then wait for a moment to be detected. MobiKin Assiatnt is good for this.
    And then I can select the files to transfer to PC.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. Raskerpp

Raskerpp New Member

I think transfer data by using USB cable is a good way ,after all, I have succeeded
  7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

Es file explorer and winscp for me.