1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

how to update my minix release

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by djlele, Feb 14, 2016.

1. djlele

djlele New Member

Hi to all.
    I bought my minix X8-H in late 2014 and never updated it.
    In the attached image there is my software version.
    How could I update this? Could I go directly to the latest version or I have to update some intermediate versions before appling the latest?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member

3. djlele

djlele New Member

I'm sorry, I was sure it was the right category (X8-H, X8-Plus, X8).

I was in doubt because I read in firmware 003 post that you should before update to 002, so thanks for your reply.
  4. Jayy

Jayy New Member

don't do it dj....
  5. djlele

djlele New Member

I shouldn't update javy?
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Unless you are going to elaborate then this is a meaningless post! :censored:
  7. Jayy

Jayy New Member

well i wouldn't update if you currently aren't having any issues with your minix as is. In case you haven't read some of the audio dropout issues in various threads, some of us believe it may be firmware related. It may not be in the end but i wouldn't risk it if I were you. Of course it's your box tho.
  8. EdT586

EdT586 Member

One of the worse decisions Minix ever made was in it's naming nomenclature of it's X8 series !
    When the regular Joe user on the street is used to a nanny state mentality having four models with similar names is asking for trouble !
    Let's see you have; X8, X8 Plus, X8-H and X8-H Plus and then to have two different firmware for them is a quagmire ! ...LoL
  9. aaronliu

aaronliu New Member

Hello everyone, I am new here and my NEO-X8-H has exactly the same info as above but my Build number is KOT49H.20141127 release-keys and the date shown is Nov 2014

My problems are: when I tried to use the Metro interface it keep crashing... and sometimes avi (and maybe some other formats) playback gets a little funny with different players crashing on the same movie.

So I should stay put and not upgrade? I am way behind as FW ver 9 is already out... I am not too tech savvy but if I have to I can follow instructions to update which doesn't look too horrible.

Thx!