1. Official MINIX forum

How to: Update to newest firmware for MINIX X7 mini / X7 / X5 Mini / X5

Discussion in 'General Rockchip ( x5mini/x5/x7/x7mini )' started by m6242, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Please can we post in English!
  2. haddada

haddada New Member

The following text is by Google Translate site:

""
    [Quote = "Villa, mail: 47039, member: 253"] Windows 8.1
    Am I correct in that there is a problem with drivers for Windows 8.1, but it is the config.ini RKFlashTool file which is at fault?!

Users can download the set of tools that contains a downgrade config.ini already modified
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=Rockchip-Downgrade_tools.rar

I do not have Windows 8.1 so I'm afraid that I can not prove any of this.

special cable
    If you have the cable that came with the device, use it! (Y)

The cable supplied with the device is not actually that special! (It has a bit 'longer than the standard micro USB connector). Any other "" data cable can be used, Micro USB (long or short connector) to USB A
    Personally, I never had a problem with a shorter connector.
    One must understand that a charging cable (which will most likely look identical to a data cable) does not work!

The easiest option, however, if you have the cable supplied with the device, use it! (Y) [/ quote]
    ""
  3. deyna

deyna New Member

im having the same problem with minix x7 mini the download firmware failed in red with the rk3188-250 , my box kept powering off so this is why i was told i needed to put the new firmware on it so im at a loss now nothing is working . did you ever get a answer as to why we cant update our firmware ???
  4. deyna

deyna New Member

hi im having awful trouble with my minix x7 mini too , same issue i keep getting download firmware failed in red , rk3188-250 is what im trying to upgrade to but after the failed firmware download using the rk batch tool it wont work at all now . i only wanted to upgrade as my box keeps on powering itself off every 5-10 mins , now i am stuck can anyone please help
  5. Rémi

Rémi New Member

Hi. I tried to update my Mini X7 too, but it did not change anything. I'm running under Win10. The minix is recognized by the computer with an error message in the Reset mode ("[...] is not recognized" or something similar). I tried first launching the DriverInstall.exe file from the Release Driver Assistant. It said ok, and when I rebooted the Minix, nothing had changed. Then I tried forcing Windows to install the driver somehow ("update the driver" option in the properties) and I selected the Driver/X86/Win8 folder. I ran well, but again, no change on the Minix once rebooted. I also tried to use the fix.reg file explained in a previous post. Well, I am totally lost! What should I do? I used the Minix USB cable, and turned on the Minix while USB was plugged and the Reset button pressed.
    Thanks in advance!
  6. deyna

deyna New Member

hi i managed to update my minix x7 using the rk tool with windows 7 , i now have android 4.4.2 , kernel 3.0.36 , vendor software version 240 .. since the update it will not connect the wifi .. i did the same update on the minix mini x7 and that is working perfectly .. is there any fix for the wifi problem , any help appreciated
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you used the correct firmware? Flashing the X7 firmware to the X7 Mini or flashingthe X7 Mini firmware to the X7 will cause problems
  8. deyna

deyna New Member

i think you may be right :( i have both boxes and i must have put the wrong one on from my laptop , im just downloading the zip for the x7 - rk3188 -250 . can i just update to this now as i did before will this sort out my problem or am i going to have alot of problems now .
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You should be able to reflash it as before.
  10. deyna

deyna New Member

ok thanks , im giving it a go now , fingers crossed ;)
  11. deyna

deyna New Member

all sorted wifi back up and running with the new firmware , thanks so much for your help ..