1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

HOWTO redirect sound to bluetooth hadnset

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Guides and FAQs' started by Foxylady69, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Foxylady69

Foxylady69 New Member

Sorry for my English, so I've got MINIX X8 plus. Need to redirect sound from Analog/HDMI to Bluetooth!! Wish to buy bluetooth handset to listen music or watch youtube and not to disturb others.
    Am I need some special software installed, or to get ROOT and modify some stuff in there??
    Found no any concerning settings in stock firmware
    Thanx for answers
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You just need to connect your bluetooth handset/headset like you would with any android device.
    You don't need anything special or root access.
  3. Foxylady69

Foxylady69 New Member

Today I've got only smartphone with bluetooth, no other devices
    I've just paired them. What's than?? Nothing
    All the sound software will redirect to bluetooth automaticly?
    My smartphone is just unable to play sound? When I'll connect handset, I'll face no problems at all? Is it true?
  4. Foxylady69

Foxylady69 New Member

I understand. I see a list of profiles. My smartphone can share Internet with MINIX. And nothing more. When I'll connect handset, I'll see some sound profiles and choose them. After that all other sound outputs will be disabled automatically to prefer bluetooth? That's it, so easy??
  5. Foxylady69

Foxylady69 New Member

I mean headset sure ))
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Yes
  7. Foxylady69

Foxylady69 New Member

Okay thanx a lot - it is so simple so you can delete this, or not. as you wish
  8. Foxylady69

Foxylady69 New Member

Yes? Okay. It works.
    But .... firstly you DO need to attach wifi antenna to use bluetooth... I don't know.. It seems strange for me. Without antenna attached, sound breaks in 1 meter or more.
    Than the sound itself is quiet and really bad, when compared with my smartphone (Meizu smartphone and Meizu headset, possibly there are some optimizations and inner features). So it works, but I don't fully satisfied by it
  9. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Yes, of course the antenna has to be attached!
    It is for both WiFi and Bluetooth.