1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Improving app compatibility campaign U1

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Jan 21, 2016.

1. bigspoody

bigspoody New Member

unfortunately yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. every now and then i get the external display error but a quick reboot fixes that but not the no pic or sound. Interestingly the app works perfectly on my other box (X8H plus). Hoping to get it working on the U1 so i can pass on my X8H to a family member.
    thanks for your reply.
  2. Roslan_Nazri

Roslan_Nazri New Member

anyone having problem with Netflix? It can play with no problem however the video play got a bit of stuttering. I'm comparing to iflix, iflix play with no problem. Only problem to open the apps with a bit of lag. But no issue playing a video.
  3. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

1.) Name of the app.: NetFlix for Android
    2.) Region of the app.: Germnay
    3.) Link to Play Store: yes :netflix

4.) Problem description: Install ok, but no video refresh rate switching - so it stutters
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: yes - but one month without costs is possible for check
    6.) VPN access possible?: ?

thank you!

SaEt9000
  4. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

1.) Name of the app.: amazon video for Android
    2.) Region of the app.: Germany
    3.) Link to Play Store: no, but download from amazon shop or direct links are available in the internet

4.) Problem description: Install ok, but no video refresh rate switching - so it stutters
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: yes - but 30 days without costs is possible for check
    6.) VPN access possible?: ?

thank you!

SaEt9000
  5. kornelo

kornelo New Member

1.) Name of the app.: VOYO.ro
    2.) Region of the app.: Eastern Europe, Romania
    3.) Link to Play Store: Sorry, forum doesn't allow to post links. Just type voyo.ro in the Google Play!
    4.) Problem description: Application starts normally and allows to list and choose TV Shows, but when you have chosen one and press the "Play" button, remains stuck in the loading screen!
    This problem has been in the past, but resolved after updating to firmware FW004, but recurred after firmware FW009A!
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: Yes
    6.) VPN access possible?: No

Thanks in advance!
  6. Schalk Jacobs

Schalk Jacobs New Member

1.) Name of the app: Dstv Now
    2.) Region of the app.: Africa
    3.) Link to Play Store: store/apps/ details?id=com.dstvmobile.android (sorry, can't post full links?)
    4.) Problem description: Minix Neo U1 has no hardware serial number defined / invalid device id - breaks video playback
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: Yes, free account can be created
    6.) VPN access possible?: Yes
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Refresh rate switching doesn't work with encrypted videos like Netflix because the videos do not provide any FPS data to the system,
    the system doesn't know what FPS it's playing.
    Manually set to 24Hz is a better option.
  8. MINIX - Ken

Sorry, but we can't fix this one.
    We don't understand why this app reads serial number or device ID but not MAC address instead for verification purpose.
  9. teddan

teddan New Member

1.) Name of the app.: ViaPlay
    2.) Region of the app.: Sweden
    3.) Link to Play Store: Yes, search viaplay (apps/details?id=com.viaplay.android&hl=sv)
    4.) Problem description: Watching tv works fine and everything works great, EXCEPT there is a black border around the picture always.
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: Yes, think so :(
    6.) VPN access possible?: Yes, think so
  10. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I installed the app but can not test due to login required and there is no free content!
    For the MINIX guys to test you will have to supply them with a login via a PM.
  11. Villa

I think this is how it is supposed to be displayed.
    If you look at the screenshots with the overlays, the overlays are across the full width of the screen.

This is what I see...

2016_11_01_22.55.45.png

2016_11_01_22.57.33.png

2016_11_01_23.02.41.png
  12. MINIX - Ken

These are captured from ViaPlay?
  13. teddan

teddan New Member

No it's NOT supposed to be this way. This is NOT the way it's displayed when I use my phone or tablet.
  14. Villa

Yes! @teddan gave me login credentials.
    If you like and it is Ok with him.I can add you to the PM.
  15. DaveK

DaveK New Member

1.) Name of the app.: ruutu
    2.) Region of the app.: Finland
    3.) Link to Play Store: yes, Ruutu
    Or apk available online
    4.) Problem description: video stops while playing but sound continues
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: No, you can access video that is not ruutu+
    6.) VPN access possible?: Yes

Thanks
  16. Villa

17. DaveK

DaveK New Member

Villa likes this.
  18. xinput

xinput Member

1.) Name of the app.: Apple Music
    2.) Region of the app.: International
    3.) Link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.android.music&hl=de
    4.) Problem description: App is not compatible to device - can't install it (had this problem some months ago when app was in Beta, app is now Full Release)
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: No
  19. Villa

You can get the app here and install it but it doesn't work...
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-...lease/apple-music-1-2-0-android-apk-download/

So the real question is can @MINIX - Ken and his team get it working?
    Eligos, xinput and fffaj like this.
  20. eastp

eastp New Member

1.) Name of the app: DFXMusic Player Enhancer Pro
    2.) Region of the app.: International
    3.) Link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fxsound.android.dfxplayer.full
    4.) Problem description: Apps installs OK, but when opened it appears on screen for about 2 seconds then disappears. After uninstalling and reinstalling it may work once but a second attempt to open the app has the original result of it disappearing after about 2 seconds.
    5.) Login/password required for us to check?: Yes, free version available.

This is a great app when it works and improves music playback enormously. Is there a way to fix it???
    U1 running latest firmware (11).