1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Improving Performance

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4 Guides & FAQs' started by callmecresto, Jul 5, 2017.

1. callmecresto

callmecresto New Member

Hey all,

I use this box almost exclusively for watching videos on youtube and especially twitch. What I've noticed is trying to watch twitch can be a pretty taxing event using Chrome. I cannot have the chat and the stream playing at the same time, other wise the video is constantly stuttering. Opening additional tabs on chrome also impacts performance of streams. Just expanding the video to full screen causes issues.

Knowing that I cannot improve how much ram this box has, what are my options for getting a smoother viewing experience? I only have chrome installed and running any time I am watching videos.

2. lukasware

lukasware New Member

1) reinstall win 10 from scratch using the USB media tool from Microsoft
    2) install intel z83 driver package (it installs a video driver, so do this before step 3)
    3) install latest intel graphics driver win64_154034.4624 , (version 15.40)
    4) turn off *everything* in the Intel graphics driver control panel app
    5) powercfg -h off (disables fast startup and hibernation)
    6) enable both disk caching options for the disk in device mgr
    7) latest www.realtek.com.tw driver
    8) clean up the network stack so you only have TCP/IP V4 and v6 entries
    9) use a wired Ethernet connection, not wireless!
    10) anything and everything that can be turned off, turn off (shared experiences,
    search indexing, game DVR, every app you can remove, turn off acting as an MS update server for the entire internet)
    11) look up how to remove the horrid zune, xbox, and bing apps with: get-appxpackage *bing* | remove-appxpackage
    12) disable indexing in properties of C drive
    13) disable unneeded windows services, --or--- go all out "Black Viper list"
    14) install Intel DPTF version 8.2 from www.station-drivers.com
    15) get the wifi, i2s (audio) and "Broadcom Serial Bus Driver over UART Bus Enumerator" drivers installed

maybe someone can add ^^^^^those^^^^^ instructions...

16) make sure the windows store is finished updating and remove all the apps, again, that it re-re-installed
    17) get all your MS-updates
    18) clean up temp files, winsxs, SoftwareDistribution folder, etc

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. markhanooft

markhanooft New Member