1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Exodus

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Gyps81, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dryster

dryster Active Member

I'm using FTMC alongside SPMC and MINIX XBMC on my KitKat NEO X8-H Plus and all three are running Exodus fine for my requirements. Out of the three, I like SPMC although development of that particular fork for my box has ended at version 16.4.2 - knowing the open source community, we'll be ok on KitKat.

2. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Strange, just downloaded and tried to install it and it thinks it's already installed, the installer is asking me if I wish to update an existing application?

I have minix xbmc, spmc & kodi v17 currently installed.

Edit : sorted it, removed kodi and then it installed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. dryster

dryster Active Member

FTMC is a bit of a rogue in terms of forks and it won't coexist with Kodi. You need to uninstall Kodi. If you're running 17.1 there's no need for FTMC anyway! (y)

4. DonaldS

DonaldS New Member

For that you have to do is:
    1. On Main Menu Click the gear Icon
    2. Go to Systems Settings
    3. Click on Addons
    4. Select Unknown Sources and click to turn the button on.
    You can now easily enable third party addons. Exodus Kodi can be found from several different repositories like Kodil, XVBMC and many more

5. rosstaylor

rosstaylor New Member

Showing no stream available error. any solution? Help will be appreciated.

6. koditutorial

koditutorial New Member

why do you must try install exodus addon, there are many great kodi videos addons at this time such as Incursion, Neptune rising, BMC etc...try with top 10 working kodi video addons april, visit kodiboss-com to update more news and information

7. cfraser

cfraser Member

^ I would tend to agree with that.

I'm more of a casual user, don't really play around with my U1 much. I've had it for ~2 years I think, and I just update stuff when it stops working, I don't "fix" stuff that isn't broken. So with Kodi (17.6) and XBMC (latest, AFAIK), I haven't found anything that doesn't work for my purposes. Which may not be as demanding as yours.

If I could give one tip to people, I have found it much less nuisance to download files/repositories with a PC to e.g. a USB stick and use that to do installs. I don't know exactly what's going on (casual user, remember...), but I can't help but guess that many sites get blacklisted and regular installation methods may fail. Least they usually fail in some way for me, yet work "perfectly" when installed from a local source. Plus some repository sites are continuously up and down, grab 'em when you can and install at leisure.