1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

IPTV (Atop tv)

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by jackie999, May 2, 2018.

1. jackie999

jackie999 Member

Just throwing this here in case someone has an idea. I'm in Canada and would like to sign up with Atop TV IPTV. They claim their play store app works on Android 5, 6 and 7. The app wasn't accessable in play store (told me I had no devices) so they sent it to me and I sideloaded it. It doesn't show in app drawer (it installs but the 'open' button is grayed out) but I can open from system/apps. It tells me I only have access to free channels (I'm not subscribed yet) , but the free one never connects.
    Any ideas?

2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

From their Website !
    " We are an “app” on the Apple and Roku store. " It doesn't mention the Play-store so it may have to do certification of the device ?? I would call and inquire ;)

ezriderz and jackie999 like this.
  3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Also says this...
    If you already have a Roku, Andriod or Apple tv box chances are you will not need anything else.

You need Andriod not Android! :whistle:

https://www.atoptv.com/FAQs.php

midnight likes this.
  4. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Canadians !:rolleyes:

Villa likes this.
  5. Villa

@jackie999 as mentioned by @midnight you would be better seeking help direct from Atop support.

midnight likes this.
  6. Villa

The app probably doesn't show in the app drawer because it is intended for Android TV (Leanback).

jackie999 likes this.
  7. Villa

Installed the app and get this...

Screenshot_20180503-000623.png

Screenshot_20180503-000319.png

Screenshot_20180503-000337.png

8. jackie999

jackie999 Member

You're getting a picture at least. All I get is circling cursor

Attached Files:

9. jackie999

jackie999 Member

This is from their announcement on FB and DSLr

"ATOP will work on Android devices with Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat. (5, 6 & 7)
    Basically if you can find and download the app in the Play Store it should work on your device."

So possibly they mean the android TV rather than my minix. I really don't want to buy a roku to run it ...

Thank you for your help here...I know it's an Atop problem but I wondered if any other 'Andriod' Canadians might be here :)

Villa likes this.
  10. Villa

I'm in Spain but @midnight is in Canada.

11. Villa

I get video but no data. You get data and no video! o_O

12. Villa

You don't need to as it does appear to run on regular Android, just the icon does not show up which could possibly be fixed by hacking the app.

If you wanted to try Android TV on the U9-H you can...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/android-tv-on-the-minix-u9-h.16908/

13. Villa

14. jackie999

jackie999 Member

I did look at that thread but was leery ..I didn't want to mess up my brand new minix since I'm quite pleased with how it works 'out of the box' (I did change to nova launcher thou).
    I saw that reddit post as well - yes IPTV in Canada is a challenge but once you get it going but for me it's worth it.
    Thank again!

15. jackie999

jackie999 Member

I received a pm from klm "Hi I’m in Canada too, if you want iptv, that’s really good (I’m watching it), try ***, or send me a msg.
    Have fun!

Is there a way to block these spam pm's?

16. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I belive you can sort of in your profile settings...it cant determine what is spam though but you can turn off pm's

you can also click on the users name and ignore them

17. Villa

Do you mean from @klm ?
    Sounds like he is trying to help!
    He is going about it the right way by sending you a PM rather than advertising it openly here in the Forum.

Just before this post of yours we removed a post from another member who openly posted something IPTV related which we deemed not suitable for an open post. This user was informed to use PM.

midnight and skynet like this.
  18. jackie999

jackie999 Member

FYI - after installing the Android TV the ATOP IPTV app is now available and appears to work fine. Without a subscription I only see the free channel.