1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

IR-problem: two minix boxes parallel

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by SaEt9000, Jan 7, 2018.

1. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

Hi,

I have a question and I hope that someone here has a good idea.

At the moment I have two different minix-boxes connected with my TV (U1 and U9-H). Whether that makes sence I dont want to discuss here ;) but at the moment and for the next months or maybe years it is a relevant setup for me.

Both boxes reacting on all infrared signales from the matching remotes . (both minix-remotes and the minix A2 lite). Only the RF signals from the A2 lite are different.
    My target it to stear all devices with a harmony remote, what works really well until I use only one minix-box. With both boxes in parallel i start always both boxes with one remote. And that is it whta I would liek to prevent.

Is someone here who has an idea what i can do? My hope was, that I could change the IR-sequence from remote and receiver in one of the minix-boxes but that seems to be not possible. Even with the A2 lite there is no option for the IR-signals.

Am I the first one who has this problem or is someone here who solved it yet?

Thanks

SaEt9000
  2. dbareis

dbareis New Member

Power the one you want on manually...
  3. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

Thanks for your answer... that's really the easiest solution or better to say: workaround ;)

Nevertheless I am searching for a more smart solution.
    I am wondering about the function in the settings menu "remote" - it is available on both devices. I can enable or disable it but I cannot realize any effect. What is it for and could it help me solving this problem?

Is there an other valid option to start the device beside using the IR or pressing the power button (maybe something like WOL) ?

SaEt9000
  4. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Both use IR to wakeup, perhaps you can put one box near one TV side and the other box in other side, and point the box you want to power on.
    WoL isn't a smart idea as you must set your Wifi on your smartphone then launch a WoL app to power on the box you want.
    It's faster to push one button and will help you to move from your couch :p
  5. dbareis

dbareis New Member

I believe the android kodi remote apps support WOL, it would probably be easier to solve the problem that requires 2 players side by side