1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Is there a way to have the U1 Autostart when plugged in?

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Robert D Nicholson, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Robert D Nicholson

Robert D Nicholson New Member

Sorry about the subject line. I've been using Minix Neo X5 minis for 1080p digital signage (they work great!) and I grabbed an old e-mail when I decided to contact Minix about my problem and I forgot to change the subject line.
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I suggest you try a Factory reset or flash the full firmware image.
  3. Robert D Nicholson

In case someone is wondering, I purchase this unit off of Amazon.
  4. Villa

5. Robert D Nicholson

I already did a Factory reset and that didn't solve the problem. I'll look around for the firmware image.
  6. Villa

7. Villa

I've just been trying everything I can think of to emulate your issue but I can always access the MCU settting! (n)(y)
  8. Robert D Nicholson

I just updated my U1 with a new image. I checked the MD5 and everything was OK. But I still cannot get the MCU setting to work. This is really crazy!
  9. Villa

With the stock IR remote if you press the down button and highlight MCU setting, then press the OK button, does this not work?

Screenshot_2016-02-23-21-21-14.png

This is what it looks like! ;):p

Screenshot_2016-02-23-21-21-35.png
  10. Robert D Nicholson

Arrgh! Your's has a gray icon also! But your's works when you click on it. Mine just kicks back to the previous page as if I clicked on the back button. But I'm pressing the "OK" button. I have to believe that since my firmware is the same as everyone else's there's some kind of BIOS or hardware difference for mine.
  11. Robert D Nicholson

Hey, what's an "MCU update"? Is that different from a regular update? Is it possible I need to update my MCU?
  12. Villa

13. Robert D Nicholson

Yep. Home, Display, Sound & notification, Storage & Apps all work fine with the stock remote control.
  14. copyer

copyer New Member

Hey guys, is it possible to let the device stay in off mode, when a powerlos is occurring
    I had one and the device is going on and with it the tv and audio receiver..
  15. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Turn it off?
  16. copyer

copyer New Member

What i mean is, everything is off at the beginning, and when a power outages occur its going on by itself..
  17. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Enable auto power on in MCU settings.
  18. copyer

copyer New Member

aah ok thanx
  19. Villa

Actually you need to check it is disabled! ;)
  20. H R S D

H R S D New Member

Is there a way to enable MCU when building a custom ROM using CustomizationTool?
    RikD likes this.