1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Is there an update to Lolipop or no?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by Damon Peterson, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damon Peterson

Damon Peterson New Member

I know this has been discussed and at first it was a no. Then I saw something by hardware guru that he had it running and would release something but that thread is locked. So is this a go or not happening?
  2. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler New Member

doubt it. As good as the Minix boxes are (when they first come out) the lack of future support is poor :(
    scouserblueblood likes this.
  3. Dr Goodvibes

Dr Goodvibes Active Member Trusted Helper

Isn't that a paradox. How can one complain about future support. Guess I missed the memo about time travel.

Minix has maintained and supported the Minix X8H-Plus for approx. 2 years and are still looking to provide more service fixes.

I can think of only a few Android devices that have had better/longer support (Motorola G being one) than the Minix X8H-Plus.
    If you put that into context, I know of no Android TV boxes other than those supported by Minix that get more than 6 months support, if any support at all.

Minix X8H-Plus running Android Lollipop used in testing (10-OCT-2016).

Minix X8H-Plus to run Android Lollipop (17-OCT-2016)

Minix X8H-Plus Android 5.1.1 in development, so please be patient(11-SEP-2016)

So, guess the thread can be closed now the OP has been answered.
  4. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

5. Damon Peterson

Damon Peterson New Member

Sorry for the repeat but I appreciate the answer. When threads are closed without an update it makes it look like a dead issue. Hence the confusion.
    Glen Hawley likes this.
  6. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

They are closed so people stop pushing for things. We have better things to do then awnsering every question over and over again. Everyone wants 8k, HDR 12 bit, a 16k tv, dolby atmos with a rain generator on the ceiling, kodi 18 on android Z..... Just because others talk about it... so they can watch 720p/1080p movies in stereo.. when do we get it is all i hear and getting tired of it by now. Everything works "perfectly fine" on current firmware!
    Be patiant (and no that is not a week)..
    I appreciate people to have patiance and stop pushing for things they dont need. When it is done its done.
    I have told this multiple times now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.