1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Is XBMC 16 development definitely dead?

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by Lock, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Lock

Lock Member

lot of months the beta is not updated at all, today XBMC decided not to load movie info anymore, is the project definitely dead?

2. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

i dont think xbmc decided anything.

I believe tmdb changed their api so you need an updated scraper
    Alternativy you could consider downloading kodi 17 from the playstore

3. Lock

Lock Member

Yes, I'm just testing it but so different. Trying to see if I can import all my settings, like stop movies when I return to main menu and so...

4. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

It's only so different because of the new default skin, Estuary. You can switch back to Confluence skin if you so desire.

5. Lock

Lock Member

Yes, it took me a bit to get used but I like it much more than Confluence. My confusion was that I forgot how to transfer all the remote buttons configuration from XBMC to Kodi, but I think I've done it.
    It works pretty well but I noticed some issues on audio in some videos. Often, switching tracks will fix the problem.

My question was if, now that Kodi seems to be more or less official and more or less working in Dolby/DTS on Minix, the beta project is aborted. Last update seems to be related to last year.

Thanks.

6. no8080

no8080 Member

I would conclude V16.3 is dead, Minix have no interest in fixing the numerous bugs, Minix support overall is seriously lacking lately, they seem to be floating from one buggy firmware update to another buggy one.

I have reported several bugs in 16.3, with no response from Minix.

I have reported several bugs in the firmware for the U9, again no response from Minix, well actually they did respond with a simply it ain't a bug, which I have proven it actually is.

They are releasing a lollipop update for the X8H-plus, but it has taken them months and months after they promised it too appear, they seem to have a large backload of work, which means bugfixes are taking around 9-12 months for them to sort.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  7. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

not exactly true >>>>X8-H PLUS Lollipop RC firmware (June 2017)

midnight likes this.
  8. no8080

no8080 Member

I am not sure what you are saying is untrue, I already stated they are releasing a lollipop firmware for the X8-H plus? I put a typo in the X8 bit. fixed now, it is not officially released, nor stable, hence the RC bit. It is also late, despite multiple promises from minix, hence my comment on the fact their support is getting worse and slower.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  9. Villa

Did you click on the link?
    X8-H PLUS Lollipop RC firmware (June 2017)

10. no8080

no8080 Member

Where are the release notes, or forum notification of this? So people can test and report issues?

So we have gone from a buggy unfinished 16.3 beta to an alpha of 17.3, with no release notes or details? And this is called progress?

Neil

11. Villa

If you're not happy then use Official Kodi release.
    I always have! :)

12. no8080

no8080 Member

Kodi 17 supports lollipop and above, so no good for 99% of Minix boxes, Official Kodi 16 I have not tried, as when there is a minix version it normally means the official version does not work correctly, a lot of forum posts state V17 is the first official Kodi to work on Minix without issues.

Does official 16 work with DTS-HD, DD-HD files? Does it support recursive library scrapping correctly, or play X265 files correctly, as the minix version does not. All reported bugs to Minix, samples supplied, but no response.

13. gymnos

gymnos Member

I hope Minix Team developes a new XBMC version as soon as possible, we are all waiting for that!

Best regards.

14. Villa

15. gymnos

gymnos Member

I know, but I was talking about a final 17.3 version, I don´t install alpha or beta versions.

Thanks for your help.

16. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Is that Minix XBMC 17.3 file even good ? I can't even get the apk install app to recognize it as it doesn't even show up !
    When I use another file browser to to find it, it says "parsing error"
    Is this a fork that can be used with Minix boxes 4.4.2 and below or is this just for boxes with Lollipop 5.0+ ?
    For the life of me I cannot understand why other box makers such as MyGica have a fork of 17.3 for their 4.4.2 boxes and a firmware from ProBox that can upgrade a Minix X8-H box to Lollipop and yet Minix can't come up with any of these for their own boxes ?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  17. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

well you'll have to wait then until its ready :D

kingsizept likes this.
  18. Djvega

Djvega New Member

Take this link.

http://spmc.semperpax.com/

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/rele...spmc/SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-armeabi-v7a.apk

It's the last version of a fork of kodi jarvis. I have tested It, and runs perfect ( fix tmbd, dts -hd, quasar, 4k films without cuts, all runs perfect, it's a especial version for amcodec devices) .

Alpha xbmc Minix 17.3 have a lot of bugs for ex. Films 4k stops etc etc

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    SpeedyGonsales likes this.
  19. SpeedyGonsales

SpeedyGonsales New Member

Thanks!! Going to check it ;)

Enviado desde mi MHA-L29 mediante Tapatalk