1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Issues downloading to usb

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by 98RACE, Jul 18, 2017.

1. 98RACE

98RACE New Member

New to minix and I'm having issues downloading to usb. I have set the file path to the usb and it is showing that there is progress to the download and even successful completion but it dose not show on the stick. If I download to internal it seems to work and show up.

3 usb sticks and all the same result, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You failed to say with which device, firmware or Android version!
  3. 98RACE

98RACE New Member

Sorry, Neo u9 running 17.3 kodi.
  4. Villa

Firmware version?
    Is your U9-H updated to latest firmware?
  5. Villa

6. 98RACE

98RACE New Member

Frimwear is 6.0.1.
    And yes it the U9 H
  7. 98RACE

98RACE New Member

I set up my old IN L3d just to try and had no issues. It shows progress and when I check in the file manager it has a file folder created.
  8. Cizzz

Cizzz Active Member

I think it is perhaps time to start a FAQ (Frequently asked questions) for the U9-U where moderators can refer to. Too many issues are being repeated over and over again because users do not take the time to search or they just do not find the needed information.

@Villa is right. This is a permissions issue. with Android 6.1 you can only download files in Kodi to these folders on the hard drive or TF card: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Villa likes this.
  9. Villa

That is the Android version!
    Build indicates the firmware version...

Screenshot_20170718-154150.png
  10. 98RACE

98RACE New Member

I did search but was not sucsessful.

Villa I will looks a frimwear when I get back, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
  11. 98RACE

98RACE New Member

Frimwear: U9-H FW003 20170216.

I have found some other threads of people having the same issues but I really don't see a solution that I understand. I am ok with the box's bit I don't understand most of the langue that is talked about.
  12. Villa

Current firmware version is FW005.
    Use the System update app to update twice.

Not a solution but best to have latest firmware!
  13. Cizzz

Cizzz Active Member

These folders should be there. You'll need to use a file explorer to find those folders. You can use the installed ES explorer.

You will get some strange numbers representing your HD and/or SD card like this.

[​IMG]
  14. 98RACE

98RACE New Member

Just got back from vacation and tried to set up a download to an SD card to see if I could make it work but I think I am still having issues directing the download to the card. For now it’s no rush to download anything so I will keep trying to get myself familiar with the box and the file explorer.
    Thanks for your help.