1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

it cause Minix is too behind time with Android

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by rmulraine, Jan 7, 2017.

1. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Can't wait til the Nvidia shield TV 2 release to buy it cause Minix is too behind time with Android update OS.
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

You felt it necessary to post YOUR personal opinion and promote another brand !(n) ......".Minix is too behind time with Android update OS"..... in terms of level number maybe but not performance and support !!;)
    kingsizept likes this.
  3. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Yea well Kodi 17 is a really really big deal and I can't get it install on my Minix neo x8h plus that really sucks and it looks so premium built!
  4. vfc

vfc Member

@rmulraine
    You surprise me with your negative comments on this box. It has served quite well for a couple of years already and we have had 9 updates in the meantime.
    Box still runs quite well and up to now I manage to run every addon / app I have tried.
    I know via many friends of mine that their boxes (not minix) are much worse then mine and have hardly had any updates after purchasing their box.
    Minix do use good quality accessories / parts on their boxes, ask any reliable technician.
    I think that you should read more on this box, even on this forum and then you can understand more on the situation on upgrading the OS.
    Please note that I have nothing to do with Minix producers in any way, but I think that they produce very good boxes of which I have already had 5 of them and will probably still buy from them when i need to replace any of the ones i have at the moment.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    midnight and kingsizept like this.
  5. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

I just want the box to move from kitkat forward then I will be good with it!
  6. midnight

If you took the time to search around here, you would of found that it MAY !
  7. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Well hope it ain't take forever let hope it does it ASAP!
  8. frank 566

frank 566 New Member

Your way of thinking is one of a programmer . Just think like a simple Customer. You pay big buck, Learning that your top boxe won't be able to update to 17.0 Krypton, when most of the cheap boxe will!! I'm 100% agree with rmulraine. If the OS could be upgrade.......
  9. midnight

I have a relative that has a "cheap box "that is about 2yrs old $100 CDN....it has never had an upgrade and is stuck on 4.2.2..... should they be upset just because they didn't pay top buck ??:whistle:
  10. frank 566

frank 566 New Member

If you pay 100.00 and use it for 2 years, there is nothing to complain. When you pay 250.00.....it is another game. I don't get it. Hi end boxe dosen't last longer anyway! So why pay more? Anyway, i'm not trying to convince you,..... have a great weekend..
  11. midnight

You enjoy your weekend also !!.... I don't need to be convinced :)...money is relative !