1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

ITV app not working?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by Gaz83, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Gaz83

Gaz83 New Member

I am running Android 4.4.2 and the box seems great but I have an issue with the ITV app 6.3.1 which just doesn't work apart from the adverts.

The ITV app has been reinstalled numerous times to no avail.

Help me as my girlfriend is insistent the box is junk and she is insistent we pay for Sky or similar!
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Is the device up to date with the latest firmware?
    What is the Build number?

Have you tried installing an older version of the app?
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/itv-plc/itv-hub/

I know the app did work!

I don't currently have my X8-H Plus at hand to test the app.
    You could try the ITV Add-on for Kodi. I use it all the time as the stream quality tends to be better than the app.
    Gaz83 likes this.
  3. Gaz83

Gaz83 New Member

How do I install an older version of the app? Obviously the latest one is the only one available on the playstore

Does the ITV add on for kodi.com show older programmes though or is it just live?
  4. Villa

Uninstall ITV hub app then download a version from the link I provided above and install it.

ITV Player Add-on for Kodi is catch-up too!

http://kodiuk.tv/2017/06/25/install-itv-player-add-kodi/
  5. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

That particular add-on is proving problematic at the moment for folks outside the UK who use the built-in proxy feature. A number of people, including myself, have flagged it up on the noobsandnerds support forum. Basically, the Grab a UK IP Address feature appears to be broken.
  6. Villa

I believe @Gaz83 is in the UK.

I use Smart DNS so have no issues! ;):)
    Menorca Man likes this.