1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Just saved a board by shorting the TP13 & TP15 pins

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Power on the device then short the two connections.
    ManuelRod likes this.
  2. ManuelRod

ManuelRod Member

Thanks for the information and quick reply.About the usb burning process i see in settings that the box reset after success is ticked can you confirm it has to be ticked ?
  3. Villa

Sorry, don't know about that!

I would suggest if you are trying this then when it comes to flashing just follow the usual instructions.
    ManuelRod likes this.
  4. ManuelRod

ManuelRod Member

Ok i will see if Ken will reply as it was on his post reply.
  5. outrage_uk

outrage_uk Member

My unit has just died. Nothing when you attempt to turn it on. Blue light comes on for a second then goes off. No HDMI output, no USB connection.

@MINIX - Ken - how do you physically open the box to try this?
  6. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

I agree this shouldnt be an ad platform for anybrand
    Having said that - the (last 2) posts of gaz31 didnt strike me as a promotion for another box. Merely a contemplation to switch from minix to whatever other brand for some reason
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You don't see the posts that have been removed which Hardwareguru is referring to.
  8. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Ah ok
    Well then there is not much point in putting the reprimand on here. Cld have been a PM as well
  9. Villa

It also serves as a reminder for those members who have not read or are not aware of the forum rules!
  10. outrage_uk

outrage_uk Member

Sooooo any help on how to actually open the box up?
  11. Higgs

Just prise it open carefully, using a hard piece of plastic, or small flat headed screwdriver. I recall seeing a video somewhere showing this.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    outrage_uk likes this.
  12. outrage_uk

outrage_uk Member

Just what i needed, thanky you :) . Box still dead though... arr well it was good while it lasted.
  13. ManuelRod

ManuelRod Member

I opened my Minix Neo X8 H and changed as on the video and then put it back while connected to the tv and guess what the minix logo came on and then went of again :(
    Can someone explain how the proceedure is to be done as i don´t understand the language sorry.
    My Minix Neo gave me a smile as the minix logo appeared but not now. Well to be honest i feel a bit better looks like it´s still alive maybe ??

Thank you guys
  14. Higgs

You realise that video was just to show how to open the box. Its otherwise irrelevant to this thread. Did you do as described in the first post and then reflash the firmware?
  15. ManuelRod

ManuelRod Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    No what i did was open the box i changed that connector then put it back like the video and then i pressed the power and reset button and the minix logo appeared and then dissapeared again :(
    i have tried xx times to reflash and it gives an error.
    Do you know where i can send it because i really don´t know what else to do.
    Do you fix them ?

Thank you
  16. Higgs

Sorry no, I'm just a regular user like yourself. I don't do repairs.
    That video is for auto- power-on. Its not for fixing anything. The first post describes what you need to do to short the pins so you can reflash it.
  17. ManuelRod

ManuelRod Member

No problem, i was playing around changing those sockets first i got the minix logo then dissapeared then tried again i manged to get the android logo pressing always the restore button :) when i was looking for the remote while pressing the restore it dissapeared again. Tried several times again to get on the tv but no success :( No signal now grrrr
  18. Villa

I'm confused?! (n)
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/help-on-minix-neo-x8-h.7637/page-3#post-70970
    I would gladly take a look at it for you but I think by the time all postages have been paid to send it to and fro it would be cheaper to buy a new model. There must be someone near to you in your country who, with no disrespect to you, has a better idea!
  19. ManuelRod

ManuelRod Member

Thanks Villa for the reply and help.
    If you do me that favour i will pay the shipping to/from you and your work.
    I see that you are based in Spain ?
    Are you willing to see if you can try and flash it ??
  20. Villa

And what happens if I can't, if it is a gonna? :mad::(

See PM