1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Just saved a board by shorting the TP13 & TP15 pins

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Paone

Paone New Member

I have the same situation as with most people here. My x8-h is dead, neither does it respond to flashing with the error : [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Check decompress/USB Control setup error

Are there a clear steps to shorting procedure somewhere ? I really dont want to throw away this box having paid so much compared to other cheap boxes I bought.
  2. Cyberg

Cyberg New Member

I just did this to my box and was able to get the video signal to work again. I used a very thin screwdriver and stuck it between the grooves on the underside of the box. I started above the android's head and pried it up slowly until it became unclipped. I slowly went around the sides continuing to unclip the bottom from the sides. Once I removed the bottom panel I unscrewed all 4 screws that were connected to the main board so I could flip the board over and get at the TP13 and TP15 spots. I proceeded to bend the end of a paper clip so it laid flat over the 2 points at the same time. I plugged in the power and HDMI, turned on the TV and turned the box. After the light came on the box I touched the paperclip to the 2 points making sure I crossed the metal to both points at the same time. After a few second the android and minix screen appeared. I waited until the settings menu loaded and then shut it down with the button. I then proceeded to update the firmware on my PC through the normal prcceddure. Box works fine now. I used this video to show me how to remove the bottom panel only. Nothing else in the video applies to this procedure.
    Higgs likes this.
  3. Paone

Paone New Member

You seems to be lucky with your box. Mine didnt respond for any number of trials. Just wanted to know
    1. if your box was bricked as well before this process? I.e. Nothing happened when powered on except for the blue led switching on.
    2. did you power on by pressing recovery button anytime during this process ?
    3. Were the pins shortened before powering on? If not precisely when is it supposed to be shortened ?
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
  4. Cyberg

Cyberg New Member

All my box would do was the blue LED. Nothing else was working. I shorted the points after I turned the box on and no I didn't use the recovery button anytime during the point shorting.
  5. Siddharth Vora

Siddharth Vora New Member

Are there similar TP pins on X8H-Plus also ?
  6. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Did you find an answer?? Interested in same... I've opened the box but cannot find TP13 or TP 15 - X8H-Plus?? Are there any other options I can try on this box? It's a pity it stopped working just after 15 months - expensive box for such a short life span... any suggestions welcome!
  7. tacester

tacester New Member

Has anybody figured out how to do this on the X8H-Plus? I've got a dead box that just flashes the blue power light for a moment before it goes out. It sends some sort of signal through the HDMI but it is just a black screen.
  8. TommyFox

TommyFox New Member

I shorted pins many and many times but my x8-h not start. Another valid method?

Inviato dal mio Y100_Plus utilizzando Tapatalk
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You probably need to quote the source where you copied this from as it makes little sense on its own.