1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Kingo Root apk

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by mrvenkman, Nov 8, 2016.

1. mrvenkman

mrvenkman New Member

Has anybody used Kingo root to try and root there U1? im interested to know if it works or not?.
  2. fffaj

fffaj Member

I've tried using this apk on other android devices, short answer to your question is... undesirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

You can try yourself.
    Kingo root was known to send phone's IMEI to China, but as U1 isn't a phone, there's no risk to test. Use last version able to use last android's backdoors.

Anyway, why do you want to root your U1 ?
    You will loose OTA and support here.

I always rooted all my smartphones, no need to root U1 as there's no bloatware, no ads.
  4. fffaj

fffaj Member

Using the ez root zip doesn't lose fota support, simply disable superuser in Supersu settings and update as normal.

I'm only rooted just so I can run basic functions with two root apps, Root Explorer and Titanium Backup.

Edit. Just added another very essential root app, AdAway.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    skynet likes this.
  5. skynet

Do you loose your root after an OTA update ?
    You just have to enable SuperSU again ?
  6. fffaj

fffaj Member

I was already on the latest FW10 when I rooted with the EZ Root Zip via a USB flash drive method.

I however went on ahead with following the above mentioned posts in this thread of disabling the Superuser option within Supersu settings, please note that I wasn't updating but rather I was checking for new firmware well knowing that I am already on on the latest firmware so it's really just to see if I've broken OTA, I had gotten the I am already on the latest firmware alert, this happened while the update app didn't detect that I was already rooted, and so thereby I believe that this route of rooting is a viable method that doesn't break the OTA firmware updates. And yes. Afterwhich I simply went back into firing up the Supersu application, and it immediately requested that I updated the Su binary, that was all there is.

In anycase, I am thinking that if even If I had lost Root privileges after an update, I can just as easily Root it again with that same usb drive that I've set aside containing the EZ Root zip files.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    skynet likes this.
  7. skynet

Thanks for explainations (y)
    You just have to wait for a new FW update to check if it works or not.
    Ken is working now on FW011.
    fffaj likes this.
  8. fffaj

fffaj Member

Will do, will try updating and revert back after.

skynet likes this.
  9. skynet

(y)

Let me know if it's works ;)
    fffaj likes this.