1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Kitkat HLS configuration

Discussion in 'NEO X7' started by HardwareGuru, Apr 9, 2015.

1. pirsquared8

pirsquared8 New Member

Chinese Rainbow Live APK dowes not work with all 4 HLS configuration 0 to 3. In Kitkat CE ver 230 it does not work as well
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. pirsquared8

pirsquared8 New Member

ShowBox apk does not work for certain 240
  3. ati

ati New Member

Show box after the last update appears to have problems. It has problem on my experia Z1 mobile (lollipop) and my ZTE tablet (jelly bean), it seams that is not a 2.40 malfunction. The previous Show Box version works well.
  4. Kives

Kives New Member

The Finnish Broadcasting Company has an app called YLE Areena
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yle.webtv
    The app lets user to pick native (system) or custom (build in to app) player.
    I'm using the native player mode cause the audio sync is better than in the custom mode.

HLS 0 works perfectly with on demand material but live streams are randomly picking a wrong aspect ratio.
    Television doesn't change display mode cause all the UI elements stays in correct locations only the video layer is affected. I'm using Minix at 720p mode (best performance for me) but 1080 gives same results.
    Going back and forth from one live stream to another the aspect ratio is picked correctly maybe once of ten tries.

App's custom player picks the correct aspect ratio every time but it has other issues. Native player has almost spot on audio sync and amazingly stble frame rate.

Other HLS modes gives other troubles. (Bad audio sync etc etc) so HLS 0 is almost there.

Could you open little bit the background behind the different HLS modes. Could it be possible to give user configurable HLS mode or are these modes using separate sets of code?

Add: Minix is connected with eth cable to a 50Mb cable modem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    pirsquared8 likes this.
  5. bepigreen

bepigreen New Member

I can't see streaming with any browser no matter which HLS configuration I use
  6. m0ngs7er

m0ngs7er New Member

HLS c0nfigurati0n just Leave nytemare & crash app…

1) it w0uLd be ideaL if dis HLS fen0mena be excLuded in da nxt firmware update
    2) if stiLL theres a néèd 4 dis HLS c0nfig @ Least péèhaps da minix firmware deveL0per can incLude an in-app settings 4 ea individuaL apps
    3) i have to revert to the previ0us firmware as da Latest firmware 4 minix X7 just crashes me HDTV app & cL0udtv n0t werkin' as it supp0se 2
    4) 2 deter update 4 da Latest firmware i have managed 2 disabLe da update pr0mpt
    5) i have pLayed ar0und wif aLL da HLS c0nfig & stiLL it is a b0ther 4 ea individuaL 2 have it change every n0w & then just 2 run an app Least if say sum1 wh0 isnt tech savvy they might render da app un-werkabLe
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  7. KenTH

KenTH New Member

CloudTV H/W acceleration is definitely broken with firmware 240 under ALL HLS settings. Only S/W decoding works, but bad judders.
  8. amirahmedk

amirahmedk New Member

Hi Have Question Based on the Original Build The Device MINIX NEO X7 why is it that having it UPGRADED to KITKAT we left with 8gb memory the other 8gb used as software that to HARDWARE GURU the Engineers at minix emailed me saying that its not our build not the internal software engineers its the external engineers im not blaming who's at fault as demostration purposes at exhibition this item was flawless the where playing games watch tvmovies high scale hd then the starting building more of ,minixs not updating the fixes an problems we face why are we got very cheap basic remote i paid £133.24 from retail gadgets last year based in nottinghamshire in uk & A1 remote was about £25 +5 more for delivary £30 in total where cost of making these is very very cheap only i found one company uk registered authorised sellers rest are chinese people selling on private accounts using amazon or ebay its upsetting to see that evan after updates no one tested this uploaded video on youtube comeone software engineers pls help people demostrate you advertisers are emailing us saying its old product come on thats not fair from minix
  9. jimbonice

jimbonice Member

Punctuation is a wonderful thing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
  10. R0987

R0987 New Member

Horizon go doesnt work on any hls conf al crash to launcher when selecting channel to view
  11. chris-c

chris-c New Member

Filmon tv (any version), live tv ok on "0" but playback on a recording only works on "2",try playing recording on "0"and it just buffers,drop back to live and it buffers, need to restart to clear live tv on "0", try to watchtv on "2" and you get this message (bitstream is conforming to the code std, media framework does not support the feature
    (1:-2147483648). filmon worked fine on the old jellybean software. I support 30+ boxes in portugal, so could do with this snag clearing up.
    chris c.
  12. leongsem

leongsem Member

will the HLS level make the apps crash?

previously I have 2 apps work well in default firmware, but after flash to 250, it crash..........
  13. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Which apps?
  14. leongsem

leongsem Member

myiptv, hdtv

not from playstore
  15. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I'm not familiar with those apps!
    Do you have links where to find them?
  16. leongsem

leongsem Member

http://myiptv.weebly.com/

but you only can use it when you buy it
  17. Simon Wong

Simon Wong New Member

Viu TV apps in HK

Tried all 4 combination not work
  18. leongsem

leongsem Member

just realize that so many apps not support
  19. hostet

hostet New Member

Hi,

TVBOX9B & MKTV isn't working and will crash the apps. Here is the link to the 2 apps

goo.gl/RkKjTW
    goo.gl/cDzdfa

For your information, I have tried all configuration of the HLS without success. The only rom that works is Neomode Custom Rom Minix X5 mini Android 4.4. However this rom does not support wifi or remote control.
  20. Toshihiko

Toshihiko New Member

Hi Gurus,

This app called LeoTV (Paid IPTV) worked flawlessly on 4.2.2. After I upgraded my Neo x7 mini to 4.4, the stream stopped. None of the HLS configuration worked, tried 0/1/2/3. I can't upload the file or the link since this is my first post, please let me know how do I upload any of them?