1. Official MINIX forum

Kitkat v2 Community Firmware for x7 mini

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Myk, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Myk

Myk New Member

I've been following the X7 thread and I just wanted to confirm if there is a plan to port the X7 Kitkat v2.0 Community Edition firmware to the x7 mini?

Or is the plan instead to produce another version of the official "Beta Release 4.4 firmware" here: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/4-4-firmware-for-x7-mini.91/

I only ask because I am not sure if these are different code bases or the same thing. Thank you.
  2. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Yes it will come soon
    Aldus and MOption like this.
  3. HardwareGuru

After most basic bugs are solved
    pampam likes this.
  4. Aldus

Aldus New Member

Party in a short!!!! good news and thanks a million
  5. Any ETA yet ?
  6. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

No ETA, X7 is first and things are being streamlined to make future updates quicker and easier :)
    It will come though, please be patient
    Aldus likes this.
  7. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

We are working hard to stabilize the room for x7. Then the x7 mini will come quite fast.
    MOption and Aldus like this.
  8. snoopspecial

snoopspecial New Member

i've installed x7 roms on the x7mini without issue - can that be done with the x7 version until the mini version is ready?
  9. MadEyeMose

MadEyeMose New Member

Installed ROM last night. Works Great! Thankyou very much for all your hard work.
    KAR likes this.
  10. Did you install it on the Mini, all i get is a installation error if i try, maybe i have a corrupt download.
  11. MadEyeMose

MadEyeMose New Member

Yes installed on Minix neo 7 mini. I had no problems, it went as described in instructions. Make sure you have the usb cable with the long tip.
  12. crazycookie

crazycookie New Member

Did not work for me. Got an error message after the RKflashtool downloaded the firmware to the X7 mini, right at 3% while the tool tries to check the image.

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk
  13. crazycookie

crazycookie New Member

BTW: I flashed back the wasser 1.04 as I used that one before. No what so ever problem at all.

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk
  14. I had the same error
  15. Aldus

Aldus New Member

Chirstmas is coming.....Maybe a good gift could be a X7 mini kit kat version? hahahha I had to try
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  16. HardwareGuru

will be in january.. we also try to have hollidays :D
    Aldus likes this.
  17. Enjoy your holiday, we just try to wait till Jannuary
    KAR likes this.
  18. HardwareGuru

Please let us know who want to test the firmware before release. We only accept active forum members for the test crew. Please let us know
  19. Please let me test it :)
  20. HardwareGuru

will add you to the team when ready ( probably within 2 days ) (y)
    JoostvanMourik and KAR like this.