1. Official MINIX forum

KODI 14 HELIX

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by jruiz14, Dec 23, 2014.

1. biggo

biggo New Member

Sorry to interrupt this thread with a newbie question, but what does Kodi 15.1 give me, that XBMC for Minix doesn't?
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

XBMC for Minix is currently V13 (Gotham). You can find changelogs for V14 (Helix) and V15 (Isengard) on the Kodi wiki;
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Releases
    biggo likes this.
  3. cms

cms New Member

Hi guys need some help. In the original xmbc pre installed. On the main screen of xbmc if I tap once on my right click mouse it display tap again to minimize. And if I do it again it will bounce to launcher screen.

I can't seems to emulate this for kodi. Can anyone help plz.
  4. Mark SCott

Mark SCott New Member

Hi,

I am a neeewbie and a little confused after reading this thread so any help would be great to my below questions -

Device: Minix X8-H S820 Plus S812-H

1. I downloaded Kodi directly from the Google Play Store - Where would I get the Minix version from and would this make much difference?
    2. I have been having buffering problems and its driving me made - Would this fix the buffering problem?
    3.I have also noticed this forum has not seen many posts or replies lately, is there a forum that is more up to date?

Thank you in advance its really appreciated.

:)
  5. nunny666

nunny666 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  6. Mark SCott

Mark SCott New Member

Ok great will give it a go, thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nunny666 likes this.
  7. EdT586

EdT586 Member

There is a newer beta version of XBMC for Minix dated 2015-12-30 officially released by Minix, the other 20151209 version was not an official release, but user pulled from the U1:
    www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=MINIX_XBMC_20151230.apk

It is actually Minix's beta version of Kodi 15.3
    The first thing you will notice is how much snappier and faster it will respond compared to 13.3.3 Final/13.3.3. Final2, that itself is worth the upgrade !
    This will install on top of the older XBMC for Minix Editions and does not installed independantly like Kodi.
    nunny666 likes this.
  8. nunny666

nunny666 Member

Cheers I take it its all stable , thanks for link
  9. EdT586

EdT586 Member

WARNING: The only way you can revert back to an older version of XBMC for Minix is to delete the apk and then reinstall the older apk !!!

There is a major bug :(
    The on screen keyboard is missing the keys when you need to do a search.
    There is no volume amplification option as well.
    I reverted back to 13.3.3 Final(2)
    nunny666 likes this.
  10. nunny666

nunny666 Member

Thanks appreciated
  11. Higgs

The on-screen keyboard and volume amplification option are both okay on mine.
    Maybe your skin isn't compatible with the Kodi 15. Have you tried the default confluence skin?
  12. timboom009

timboom009 Member

Minix xbmc subtitles download problems

Sent from my NEO-X8H-PLUS using Tapatalk
  13. EdT586

EdT586 Member

I was on Confluence 7 Icons, so that could have caused it, but are you sure you are on XBMC for Minix Edition 20151230 v15.3 ?
    The volume amplification option is not even in the menu page which I doubt is caused by the skin.
  14. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

all ok for me as well
    system info.png audio amplify.png
  15. Higgs

Screenshot_2016-01-12-19-16-48.png Screenshot_2016-01-12-19-13-42.png
  16. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Ok, I had a go at it again today.
    Deleted cache, data and then the 13.3.3 Final2 apk
    Installed XBMC Minix Edition 15.3 20151230

Results: Keyboard no longer blank and volume amplification is shown ...so yay :)

Now trying to figure a way to get 7 Icon to work, TVAddons 7 Icon Confluence screen tweak does not work.
    If you install on top of the old 13.3.3 Final with the 7 icons Confluence screen tweak enabled then it will show in 15.3 20151230, but with blank keyboard.
    You will have to go try to change the keyboard setting in the Appearance>International>Keyboard layouts>English Qwerty to see if it will show up.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  17. Frederick_99

pleased to hear....is it still a major bug ? :sneaky:
  18. EdT586

EdT586 Member

It is still for those that want to install it over their existing version of Minix 13.3.3 Final.
    Minix should check that out, might be an issue for those that paid people to configure their boxes and are not too technical on how re-install XBMC/Kodi.
    Did you install it over an existing version or a clean install ?
  19. Frederick_99

i cant remember , probably a clean install, but i still wouldn't call it a major bug...i would reckon its more than likely a skin issue
  20. Higgs

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212220