1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

KODI 14 HELIX

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by jruiz14, Dec 23, 2014.

1. breye

breye New Member

Hi there, I'm trying to install GoPro (be a hero) 1.0.8 when I go to install it wont install it goes to 0% and then just quits trying to install.

I"m using NEO-X8H with MINIX_XBMC_20151230.apk
  2. Mark SCott

Mark SCott New Member

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and after a little help. First of all I think I'm losing the plot as I'm sure I wrote a post but can't find the poxy thing (Good start to the new year I'm losing the plot)

Ok so I am new to the Android / Kodi - XBMC / Minix world so still trying to work it out.....

I had Kodi installed on to an Amazon FireStick but it was just to slow and driving me crazy with the buffering etc so I decided to upgrade and bought a Minix Neo X8-H there seemed to be two different types one that was S802 and one that was S812 so decided to go for the higher number so hope that was a smart move would be good to know the difference but my reason for the post is below -

Ok so i bought the Minix box 99% for Kodi and streaming Movies / TV Series, as soon as i set the box up I downloaded Kodi from the Play Store but been having a few issues one being buffering AGAIN :( but don't know what the difference is between XBMC and Kodi also I have read there to be Minix versions on XBMC and not sure what one would be best to use for what I want it for so if anyone can help me out and advise the below questions I would be much appreciate it.

• How do i stop the buffering
    • What is best for watching Movies / TV Series (streaming them via Genesis etc) Kodi, XBMC, Minix version or from the Google Play Stor
    Any help would be great

Thanks, Mark
  3. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Look under Postings here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/members/mark-scott.25207/
  4. Mark SCott

Mark SCott New Member

Ha, 2016 has turned me in to a drip, i should have thought about that lol. Thanks :)
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/kodi-14-helix.3015/page-7#post-81654
    One is X8 Plus the other is X8-H Plus. Specs for both can be compared on Minix website - http://minix.com.hk/en/products/
    Search through the forum for advancedsettings, this will help with buffering. But keep in mind that buffering not only depends on your software/hardware settings etc but also on the source of the stream. If the source has low bandwidth then you will get buffering.
    For Minix XBMC try the latest one here - www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=MINIX_XBMC_20151230.apk
    You can have this installed alongside the playstore Kodi version, so you can compare both and see which one works best for you.
  6. Villa

Kodi is the new name for XBMC since version 14.
    MINIX editions still retain the name XBMC for the time being!
    MINIX editions offer tweaks specifically for MINIX devices. Don't ask me what they are! :confused:

I would suggest you install Kodi from the Play Store. (y)

And as @Higgs pointed out you may have both XBMC and Kodi installed and see which works best for you!

This may be of interest...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/live-tv-and-vod-content-how-to.7259/
  7. Mark SCott

Mark SCott New Member

Higgs,

First of all thank you for the reply :)

Ok looks like a made the right move with the model even though there is very little difference it seems to be the better one with more support for audio and Gigabit Ethernet (y)

I will have a read through and see what I come up with, from previous experience are you able to advise what would be the better option for using the latest update of Kodi or just the Minix version?

Villa,

Thanks, that makes a little more sense now, apart from the tweaks would you say it is any more stable or responsive etc?
  8. Villa

To be honest I wouldn't know as I use Kodi from the Play Store! :)
  9. EdT586

EdT586 Member

I just noticed that the official Kodi 15.2 is 59mb and Minix 15.3 which is basically 15.2 is only 51mb.
    Anyone know what Minix did not include from the official Kodi 15.2 ?
  10. breye

breye New Member

I"ll answer my own post.
    Found The Problem I'll link a YouTube video
  11. sansiro2

sansiro2 Member

Hi guys, I'm waiting for delivery of my x8 h plus and note that there is a custom version on xbmc developed by minix included in the software. I also understand this is based on v15 of kodi. Is this right? So does this mean we are unable to download builds meant for Jarvis? If that is the case then that's rubbish. Been running a budget Android box which has been brilliant apart from the sound department. Really hoping the minix is better. However, from what I have been reading it's not looking good.
  12. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You can install any version of Kodi you want. If you need audio passthrough though then you you'll want to use the Minix version based on 15 (even if you think that it is rubbish) or you can use SPMC.
    Maybe you should wait until you try it before judging it.
  13. sansiro2

sansiro2 Member

I understand, cheers

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk