1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Kodi 15.1 x86 MINIX edition for Z64 Android (August 2015)

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by MINIX - Ken, Aug 27, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

Here is the latest Kodi 15.1 app x86 edition for Z64 Android,

[​IMG]

please note it's a x86 apk and is for Z64 Android only,
    it doesn't work on ARM platforms.

http://minix.com.hk/downfile/Kodi_15.1_Z64A.apk

Based on Official Kodi 15.1 release, we have fixed the following bugs:
    1.) .TS HEVC files unable to play issue;
    3.) Some MPEG2 encoded files unable to play issue;
    2.) Refresh rate switching does not work issue;

This version will also be included in our next firmware release.
    Enjoy~

Regards,
    Team MINIX.
  2. Dastardley

Dastardley New Member

I an new to the Z64 box.....Can you tell me please how this differs from the version of Kodi available on Google Play? I am just wondering if I need to download and install the version in the link or if it is ok to just download the Kodi release on Google Play.....If there is much or indeed any difference to how Kodi performs on the Z64 with the Minix download or the Gookle Play Kodi release. Thanks.
  3. fir_nev

fir_nev Member

Your pre-installed Kodi in Z64 box is in sync with Google Play. The offline Kodi apk allows users to try out the trial releases. For me, I will just let the pre-installed Kodi update itself cos I am not that adventurous.
    Dastardley likes this.
  4. Dastardley

Dastardley New Member

Thanks my friend, being of the unadventurous variety myself I think leaving it for Kodi to update on it's own is just fine and dandy by me. Much appreciate your input.
  5. fir_nev

fir_nev Member

Because I downloaded the apk and tried running it. Got a message saying that Kodi was already on its latest version. This was two weeks ago. (y)
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Not quite. The Minix Kodi version includes some bug-fixes as specified in the first post. In saying that if you do not have any issues/bugs with the playstore version then you can stay with that.
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  7. Higgs

I'm not sure how you downloaded it two weeks ago, when it was just posted today o_O
  8. fir_nev

fir_nev Member

I forgot to type 15.0 at the time. Sorry for the confusion.
  9. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Not exactly, we fixed some issues that are present in official Kodi version.
    But if those problems don't affect you, you may ignore it and use the official version from kodi.tv
  10. joeybossy

joeybossy New Member

just purchase this two day but i cannot get kodi two play 1080p and google play movies app not work on this box i have a 1080p tv in 150 mbps internet speed when i play 1080p on kodi it only play 720p movies in settings it on 1080p
  11. RaceJay

RaceJay New Member

I think that it would be a nice touch if this special version of Kodi could be available on the Google Play Store. That way we could receive the new versions automatically...
  12. Lee Gregson

Lee Gregson New Member

Hi I've just ordered another one of these boxes for my parents and was wondering if you are going to be bringing out a 15.2 version or 16? I will be loading it all up for the for Christmas.
  13. maxal

maxal New Member

I downloaded Kodi 15.2 from Kodi, installed it and it works just fine.
    mercury16 likes this.
  14. Apfelali

Apfelali New Member

Who can I download 15.2 if Jarvis is out?????

To me not possible....
  15. Higgs

16. RLV

RLV New Member

Now that there are releases for Jarvis x86apk for Minix Z64A is this recommended instead of 15.1 ? Please help? Anybody?
  17. Dastardley

Dastardley New Member

Kodi 16.1 ver. is the latest and best....I run it on both my windows and android versions of kodi.
  18. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

19. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

Yes, on every version until now pauzing a video and resuming causes severe sync problems.
  20. RLV

RLV New Member

Hi Velocity. What would recommend for Minix Z64A ?