1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Kodi 17.6 backup / restore issue

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Smartie36, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Is there anyone on the U9 running the latest kodi V17.6 who has successfully managed to backup there kodi install and restored it, either back to the U9 after having factory reset their box or restored the backup to another device running kodi.

I've been keeping backups of my kodi installs since way back when I first started using it, either by using the official backup addon or by just copying the addons & userdata folders to a usb flash drive but I just can't get a restore to work on my install of kodi v17.6! After restoring a backup no addons work, kodi looks as if my restore has worked as in the different skin I use is there and setup correctly, the addons are all listed etc but when I try to start one nothing happens, zilch. Kodi is behaving like it's a fresh install, the app closes down instantly on exit and the ONLY time kodi ever exits that fast is after a complete fresh install. I have checked that all my addons are enabled and not disabled and they are enabled so that's not the cause of whatever is going on.

I've always backed up and restored my kodi installs this way and never had my issues like this, until now. I've posted on the kodi forum about this backup and take issue but not getting anywhere so I'm wondering if anyone else is actually successfully managing to backup and restore the latest v17.6 version of kodi.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I havent had any problems in restoring from kodi 17.6 backup using the official kodi backup program on the U9-H. I always backup to a single zip file ( check compress archives) and check all settings boxes other than custom directories.

Check that you have allowed unknown sources in kodi settings prior to the restore
  3. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Well I'm glad it's working for someone but nothing I try is fixing it, I've officially entered the twilight zone!

For what ever reason kodi is acting like it's a fresh install with no addons installed. When I think of all the times I've restored backups to kodi one the years with no problems what so ever but at the moment I'm stumped.

One last option is to try the compressed zip optional in the backup addon and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk