1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Kodi 17.6 crashing to glowing minix logo

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Smartie36, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

So when I first got my U9 in early December it didn't have to latest firmware so I used the ota app to update it, took a few runs to get to the latest firmware, then I started to have a word issue where kodi 17.6 would randomly crash during playback, the video and audio would glitch, best way I can describe it, then the screen would go black and after a second or two the glowing minix logo appears and then it stays on that screen no matter how long I wait, 5, 10, 20 minutes.only way to get the box to boot back up is to pull the power and plug it back in.

So knowing I really should have just flashed the full firmware image using the USB burning tool in the first place, that's exactly what I did, set the box back up and got everything I wanted re-installed and the issue didn't occur again, until yesterday that is, has anyone else had issues like this where kodi is crashing instantly to a blank screen and then the minix glowing logo appears?

I've been using the U9 a lot recently as I've been going through all the seasons of hawaii five 0, not one issues until yesterday and the only thing that changed to the previous few days few where I had watched numerous episodes was I decided to turn on my dolby atmos amp and watch some episodes with passthrough enabled to get 5.1 sound.

I think when this issue first popped up I was also using passthrough.

I'm not sure whether the box is spontaneously rebooting, the minix logo comes up about a second after kodi crashes to a black screen, it doesn't appear that quickly whenever I do reboot the box. My usual routine when I've finished watching something on kodi is to put the box into sleep mode, I don't bother closing down the kodi app first, that's the way I always used my previous U1 too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

KellyND1 likes this.
  2. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Unfortunately this appears to be a fairly common problem with the u9-h, i experience this to occasionally, just seems random...
    ..i also have passthrough enabled ...always have
    ..hopefully minix will be taking a look at providing an updated firmware...soon !

3. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Cheers for the reply, I had a hunch it could be a software issue & not a hardware fault, it would be happening a lot more often if was hardware related so hopefully minix can get this glitch ironed out.

4. Harley777dude

Harley777dude Member

I also have the same issue with the Minix logo after crash. Has happened twice while activating Mobdro. Minix logo stays on and never recycled thru.

5. KellyND1

KellyND1 Member

Yes I've got that too, occasionally. That's why I mainly use CEMC or SPMC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

6. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Out of curiosity, are you saying it doesn't happen with either of those versions ?

7. KellyND1

KellyND1 Member

SPMC hardly at all. CEMC a little more. But yes, they both do it occasionally.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Are others still experiencing this issue, running the latest firmware for the U9 and while the box worked fine on the latest firmware for a couple of weeks I've now had kodi crash to the minix glowing logo 3 times so far today alone!

9. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

thought I'd post in this thread again instead of creating a new one & I'm 99% sure the crashing has been sorted out. For others that were having the same issues, do you use a usb hub with you u9? I'm hoping the answer to that is yes as I swapped the usb hub I was using for a different one and over the past few weeks I've been using the box for many hours each and every day and not had one crash in that time, I think it would of happened again if it was going to.

So what made me swap the usb hub I was using, well the replacement U9 box that minix support sent me crashed within an hour of using it after setting it all up so that got me thinking, 2 boxes manufactured many, many months apart with the exact same hardware issue, possible but doubtful and then I remembered coming across a thread on here regarding the U1 where the box would get stuck on the glowing minix logo during bootup and it was discovered to be a usb hub issue (conflict??) as disconnecting it resolved it, yes I know it's a different box to the u9 but the issue was very similar so as I had a spare usb hub I swapped them and so far not one crash to the minix logo in 3-4 weeks of use, I couldn't go a week or 2 before without the box crashing to the minx logo so I'm very positive it's fixed.