1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Kodi 17.6 crashing to glowing minix logo

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Smartie36, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

So when I first got my U9 in early December it didn't have to latest firmware so I used the ota app to update it, took a few runs to get to the latest firmware, then I started to have a word issue where kodi 17.6 would randomly crash during playback, the video and audio would glitch, best way I can describe it, then the screen would go black and after a second or two the glowing minix logo appears and then it stays on that screen no matter how long I wait, 5, 10, 20 minutes.only way to get the box to boot back up is to pull the power and plug it back in.

So knowing I really should have just flashed the full firmware image using the USB burning tool in the first place, that's exactly what I did, set the box back up and got everything I wanted re-installed and the issue didn't occur again, until yesterday that is, has anyone else had issues like this where kodi is crashing instantly to a blank screen and then the minix glowing logo appears?

I've been using the U9 a lot recently as I've been going through all the seasons of hawaii five 0, not one issues until yesterday and the only thing that changed to the previous few days few where I had watched numerous episodes was I decided to turn on my dolby atmos amp and watch some episodes with passthrough enabled to get 5.1 sound.

I think when this issue first popped up I was also using passthrough.

I'm not sure whether the box is spontaneously rebooting, the minix logo comes up about a second after kodi crashes to a black screen, it doesn't appear that quickly whenever I do reboot the box. My usual routine when I've finished watching something on kodi is to put the box into sleep mode, I don't bother closing down the kodi app first, that's the way I always used my previous U1 too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Unfortunately this appears to be a fairly common problem with the u9-h, i experience this to occasionally, just seems random...
    ..i also have passthrough enabled ...always have
    ..hopefully minix will be taking a look at providing an updated firmware...soon !
  3. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Cheers for the reply, I had a hunch it could be a software issue & not a hardware fault, it would be happening a lot more often if was hardware related so hopefully minix can get this glitch ironed out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  4. Harley777dude

Harley777dude New Member

I also have the same issue with the Minix logo after crash. Has happened twice while activating Mobdro. Minix logo stays on and never recycled thru.
  5. KellyND1

KellyND1 Member

Yes I've got that too, occasionally. That's why I mainly use CEMC or SPMC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  6. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Out of curiosity, are you saying it doesn't happen with either of those versions ?
  7. KellyND1

KellyND1 Member

SPMC hardly at all. CEMC a little more. But yes, they both do it occasionally.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk