1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Kodi 17 - best setting to match Minix XBMC?

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by danlat1415, Dec 4, 2016.

1. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

I love the Minix XBMC version, as it plays. Videos super smooth and Passthrough works great.
    (Running on U1 device)

I also like Kodi 17 which works great and Passthrough works fine too.
    Only difference is Kodi doesn't seem to play videos as smooth as Minix's custom XBMC player.

Are there any option I can change to make Kodi 17 play super smooth like Minix XBMC?
    Like HW decoder, AmLogic decoder etc?

imeDB and gumage like this.
  2. Lock

Lock Member

I'd like to know that too. I get a lot of Minix freezes with h264 files. :(

3. mark2

mark2 Active Member

You have got a couple of options use a Kodi fork like FTMC that still uses amcodec
    another option get a decent sd card and run LibreELEC it runs perfect on my Minx U1

4. Lock

Lock Member

This means that Kodi 17 is no more compatible with Minix?

5. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

NO.....how did you arrive at that conclusion....Kodi 17 works fine with Minix

midnight likes this.
  6. Lock

Lock Member

Because last night I realized the only way I've to watch h264 movies, without having the whole Minix freezing is disabling the two options about hardware acceleration. At that point, of course, I've no hopes to see h265 videos using only software acceleration. :(

7. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

but properly encoded h264 h265 files will work with no issues on the minix ( U1 and U9) using kodi 17.3 without having to untick hardware acceleration

8. Lock

Lock Member

I use Handbrake when I need to encode some video. Is it using a bad encoder?

9. Lock

Lock Member

Ok, here's a recap of what happened in the last hours:

- New Kody dropped support of Amcodec in version 17, so it's no more a viable way for our Minix (unless Minix decides to upgrade it to Android 6, but it doesn't seem the case).
    - Beta 16 of XBMC is abandoned since several months and sometimes still give small issues (in my case I wasn't able to retreive information when added new movies).

So we're kinda stuck. :(

They provided me with a link about an alternative OS called LibreElec. Still have to understand how it works.
    Anyway it doesn't seem an ideal solution, I really hope Minix will come out with an official solution soon. :/
    What is certain is that this is the last time I put my hopes in an Android device...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  10. Lock

Lock Member

I answer to myself: LibreElec is the solution. Kodi 17.3 works like a charm.

ntthinh2006 likes this.