1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Kodi 17

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Official Firmware Releases' started by Furnibird, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Furnibird

Furnibird New Member

Hi all
    I have been a xbmc user from the xbox days and have had set up on pc and openelec htpc ovwr time with no issues.
    But with my U1 the only version that doesnt freeze or crash to a point where i have to power it off is the minux xbmc. This is out of date and will not run the theme i want. Any suggestions on getting kodi 17 to run as well as minux xbmc.
    Cheers

2. DutchDiversion

DutchDiversion Active Member

Your U1 should not give you these problems.
    Which FW version are you on?

I am running Kodi 17 and the latest MinixXBMC version and all is fine.

3. Furnibird

Furnibird New Member

I am running fw 10 as 11 put audio out of sync with minix xbmc.

4. Furnibird

Furnibird New Member

Ok decided to give new fw another go. But kodi still freezes on same video and locks up box. Have to kill power and reset. Do have setting in kodi i can use.

5. Furnibird

Furnibird New Member

I did a factory reset and installed kodi. All fine when i turned off hw acceleration. But it seems its my mkv files that crash it. These play fine in spmc and minix xbmc. I dont get audio on any mkv and when changing setting while movie is paused it crashes.

6. Furnibird

Furnibird New Member

Any mkv with dca audio will not play audio even through pass through

7. Furnibird

Furnibird New Member

After some reading on krypton they have changed heaps of code. Fixed with this info.

For semi broken firmware, e.g. Android Sony TV, Philips TV, some others with AC3 640 issues:
    PCM speakers: 2.0
    Enable AC3
    Enable AC3-Transcoding
    and (!) Enable Sync Playback to Display. This is need to force transcoding even of native AC3 Input as that might be 640 kbit/s and the FW cannot use it.

gmlanmor likes this.
  8. mis3

mis3 Active Member

Did you guys notice Kodi 17 ran hot?

I installed both SPMC and CPU Temperature. One weekend recently, I was binch watching a TV drama series and all the episodes were in SD (854x480) and amc-h264 format. When I watched it in Kodi-17, CPU was 70C. While in SPMC, CPU was less than 60C. I also tested with other resolutions (720p, 1080p), SPMC ran consistently 10C lower than Kodi-17.

9. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

You seem to be obsessed with the temp of your device!
    Sitting idle my U1 is around the 50C mark. Playing media in Kodi the temp is around 55C never peaking over 60C
    Ambient room temp is around 20C

10. mis3

mis3 Active Member

Yes, I am obsessed with the temp. I used to overclock my PCs and temp was a primary concern.

Did you record these temp readings in Minix-XBMC, or Kodi 17? I asked because my temp was lower in Minix-XBMC which is based on Kodi-16. I noticed this high temp only with Kodi-17.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  11. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

I did say Kodi, and it is 17. With MINIX XBMC I get the same results!