1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Kodi best build that works with a Minix

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Howard McCray, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Good Afternoon, I am not sure if this is where I would post this request but if not please forgive this newbie.

On Monday I picked up my first Minix NEO U1 and I am looking to find the best Kodi build for my device. I tried to install a build last night on my new Minix XMBC program that comes with the device, well that did not work well at all, matter of fact I had to factor reset the device. I am trying to avoid having to add everything one at a time and I think that a build will help me speed up the process. I might wrong and I am open to correction.

Does anyone have advice, suggestions, another post, a kodi build that works for them.

Thanks
    Howard
  2. mike_emons

mike_emons New Member

Hi Howard I can recommend to anybody to use the merlin builds, the builds are brilliant, updated regularly and they have a great support network on Facebook and also a separate forum if you would like to use them install http://Mwiz.uk/zip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Hi Mike - thanks for the suggestions - this is a build that I would be able load on the XBMC loaded on Minix neo or would I add it through kodi from the app store?
  4. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I'm sure you will love your U1, great choice (y) ..... Builds tend to be overloaded with lots of stuff you don't really need or will use .... why not load what you want and what you will use, then make it look and feel the way you want it to by changing skins etc. :)
    Geoff Boardman likes this.
  5. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

I would love to do that but being that I am new to the kodi experience - I am not sure how do that. Do have any referrals to where I am get guidance. I know how to add the basic stuff for movies, but when it comes to skins, tv, etc. I am a bit lost.
  6. midnight

Try here !....... https://seo-michael.co.uk/
    skynet and Thommo7777 like this.
  7. Thommo7777

Thommo7777 New Member

Thats The site I used,I've got 5 add ons for kodi,I never bothered with a build or used a different skin,minix u1 great box had mine for 6 months never had any problems with it.
    midnight and Geoff Boardman like this.
  8. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Well......I am convinced that doing it myself is the best. So here I go and build. I have seen that site before and now I am going to dig in. Of course any help is always welcomed
  9. dryster

dryster Active Member

@Howard McCray - You will learn far more about everything in general if you do not use a "build" on KODI. I've used a few in the past, and usually there are a lot of addons that I would never have considered.

In addition, and I think this is a big addition, remember ONE single thing, that it is more enjoyable to actually consume media than to endlessly worry about settings, skins, launchers, backgrounds, themes and schemes on your devices.

I'll throw one at you, that's a KODI addon, and an approved one at that. It's called SOMA FM and you can easily find a way of installing it on your current KODI build by doing a simple Google search. It's radio and I spend a lot of my time listening to just one of their channels called "Left Coast 70s" - I have my MINIX box attached to the amp via SPDIF and switch my TV off and sit back and listen, I have even donated to SOMA as it is just a great concept. SOMA is also available on other devices in one way or another. Listener supported radio, available anywhere there is an internet connection.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
    Howard McCray likes this.
  10. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

I love 70's music and I am going to add that to my list of addons. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cyberman likes this.
  11. mike_emons

mike_emons New Member

Yeah it will work fine on Xbmc there's several different builds that they do

Also on the merlin build it has got 70s music to

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  12. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

midnight likes this.
  13. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Were you not already familiar with it?! o_O
  14. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Not this one, i have the same but in french...
    Villa likes this.
  15. midnight

Definitely a go to ! (y)
    skynet likes this.
  16. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Well creating a build myself is going slow. I have used seo-Michael website and it has helped. I love find a good place that identifies top TV, 1080p movie, Sports addons that work well and consistent. Any suggestions?

17. dryster

dryster Active Member

@Howard McCray - the key word you use there is consistent, and unfortunately for you, and all of us, is that is something that can be elusive in KODI and IPTV streaming in general, mainly because in reality, the TV providers do not want people to have the content for free, so they rotate their streams and adjust playlists and locations. This can be easily adjusted on their own official set top boxes, but for IPTV for sports and TV through something like KODI it takes a person at the other end, the addon provider, to do the work to find out where the streams have been rotated to and then update the addon, but at the same time of course, the provider can adjust his streams again. It's like a war, with measures and countermeasure, and if you are old enough you will recall "back in the day" when similar things were happening with the satellite systems content pirates, before elaborate encryption and compression came about.

With the movies thing, one addon that you should be aware of is a URLresolver, so do a little research on that.

One more thing, there are many approved, official and permanent IPTV streams and it just takes a little research.

KODI in their infinite wisdom have created two addon lists on their website, one that contains approved addons, the second are banned addons. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that if you need clues to neferious content which list you should be looking at.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
  18. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Very well written and have given me a clear picture and I do get it. I am not sure what the IPTV streams are and your advice to research is my next step.

When it comes to the movies - I get that and thanks for the way you put it.

19. mark2

mark2 Active Member

If your after free sports addons for premier league football you'll struggle
    As the premier league recently got court orders to shut down the people streaming the games
    In saying that you can get paid for addons that still work
    For movies I hear exodus with a real debrid account works really well:whistle:
  20. Thommo7777

Thommo7777 New Member

Thats all I use for films ,exodus and real debrid ,that's all you need ,as for sports add ons I have a paid one ,which works out £1 week ,which is better than searching for decent streams