1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Kodi best build that works with a Minix

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Howard McCray, Mar 15, 2017.

1. dryster

dryster Active Member

The writing is on the wall I think with what is happening in the UK that the industry in general is attempting to clamp down on dealers of this much wanted content, and if you install a lot of the addons that perhaps link you with questionable content, such as those on seo-michael and other sites, you will see on the instructions for every addon that a VPN is advisable. I'd take it a step further and say that a VPN is essential and in no way am I trying to scare anyone, but there are VPNs and there are VPNs and every one has the potential to leak data in some way. If the Cisco type watermarking of digital data expands, then everyone who streams or downloads unofficial content will be at risk.

Perhaps, like the satellite years, we will look back on these times as the golden age of streaming.
  2. Thommo7777

Thommo7777 New Member

Does a vpn slow your internet connection down,sure I read that somewhere ,I can only get 15mb download,so if it does slow it down mine would be next to useless ,which is why I won't use one,I'll just wait for the knock on the door to come and take me away.
  3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

you may well have read that but its of course dependent on your vpn providers quality of service, you can get vpn speeds far better than 15Mbps
    and yes a vpn does slow down your speed
    and knock knock !
  4. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

Seems the clampdown is accelerating, seo michael has removed tutorials and mainstream ISPs are blocking quite a few apps and streams... without calling out anything specific we all know what they are... VPN seems to be the future. For educational purposes I compared with and without vpn today with favourable results swayed towards vpn... I find paid VPN has minimal speed decrease as long as you use nearby servers
  5. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Soooo....I have a few questions as a newbie - when it comes to a VPN provider (I use IPVanishVPN) does it work well enough to still stream movies and still protect? What does the future of Kodi look like? I would love to hear all of your opinions out there. Also, what are some of the best options moving forward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro